Widest rear tyres on C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nitro

Car
C63 AMG
What the widest rear tyres that can be put on the back of a C63 saloon on standard 18" rims without causing issues?

Thanks

It's a shame it's 265 as 275/35/18 can be had in super sports :(

StuartK said:
It's a shame it's 265 as 275/35/18 can be had in super sports :(

H20MRV, used to here quite a lot, had 275s on the rear. They were the 19" wheels but that shouldn't make a difference. He said that there wasn't any rubbing issues with them.

H20MRV, used to here quite a lot, had 275s on the rear. They were the 19" wheels but that shouldn't make a difference. He said that there wasn't any rubbing issues with them.

Problem with this on 18"s the profile will be too much at 275/35

StuartK said:
Problem with this on 18"s the profile will be too much at 275/35

Nope, you're speedo will under read by just over 2% and the rear of your car would only be 7mm higher, not as big a difference than you might have thought.

Nope, you're speedo will under read by just over 2% and the rear of your car would only be 7mm higher, not as big a difference than you might have thought.

Food for thought as I'm just about to order two new rears :)

StuartK said:
Food for thought as I'm just about to order two new rears :)

Well, if it's not this time, you'll only have to wait another 5-6000 miles and they'll be due again! At least, that's all I get out of a set of rears.

Well, if it's not this time, you'll only have to wait another 5-6000 miles and they'll be due again! At least, that's all I get out of a set of rears.

Yeah I put 4 conti 5p on in December. They are on legal limit nearly already after 5k

MPSS lasted 4k for me on rears.:bannana:

Still got the same Falkens after 3 years ownership with around 4mm tread remaining. 10k miles in that time, and I don't hang around.

Grovsie31 said:
MPSS lasted 4k for me on rears.:bannana:

I'm at 2000 miles and they're looking pretty well worn. I'll be lucky to nurse them to the 5-6000 miles that my Goodyear Asymmetric 2s lasted.

It'll be back to Goodyears for me when they're shot.

5600 miles with 6mm left on fronts and 5mm on rears :thumb::thumb:

Which brand? Model?

Goodyear Eagle F1 (265 width on rears)
265's are exactly right with originals on 18 rims ie speed / diameter

1800 miles of the 5600 has been on Spanish roads so not such a battering as UK roads but the car was fully loaded so might have been worse conditions for them than 1800 on UK roads unloaded

Was that on the standard 19" wheels? any pictures, I wonder what it would be like if lowered.

PhilT said:
Was that on the standard 19" wheels? any pictures, I wonder what it would be like if lowered.

I believe it was on standard 19" wheels. I never saw it, so can not confirm, it's just what he said he had fitted.

Lowering would be a different matter altogether. I imagine they would rub the arches if lowered much at all but I couldn't confirm that.

The C63 is vastly undertyred!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom