Wierd black thingy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_player

I've just noticed today that there is a black module hanging from the back bumper that was probably previously held inside the bumper by a sticky pad.
Any ideas what it might be ?? It is probably about 3cm x 4cm and has an electrical wire running from it ?!?

Thanks

Ben.

I've just noticed today that there is a black module hanging from the back bumper that was probably previously held inside the bumper by a sticky pad.
Any ideas what it might be ?? It is probably about 3cm x 4cm and has an electrical wire running from it ?!?

Thanks

Ben.
Hi Ben what is the car please

Thanks

Ben.

What sort of Mercedes do you have?

GPS antenna?

Yeah - would make sense. Anyway, not really a problem, just curious...

Better find those sticky pads and get the thing securely attached again!

Id guess its the phone antenna.

85 in the picture is the bumper mount gsm antenna - i installed one in my R129 SL

It actually clips into bumper mounts on the R129, i would guess it does the same on the clk - so maybee its been stuck back and you need to take the bumper off and reaatach it properly.

Richard

There is a little aerial on the back window though - I thought this was the GSM antenna ?!?

I did take a picture so I'll post it up in a bit.

There is a little aerial on the back window though - I thought this was the GSM antenna ?!?

I did take a picture so I'll post it up in a bit.

Yes please - if its a US car theres a separate gsm antenna for Teleaid

R

That is not the mb gsm bumper antenna

Look like a GPS antenna - possibly Tracker or something similar ?

R

Just a thought, if it is connected to some kind of communication system, wrapping it in tin foil will block/interfere with the signal, this may give you a clue to its purpose if it is active.

Dec

Ok .....so who do you work for MI5 CIA.... KGB....someone has bugged your car....:D :D :D

Pull it and your car should fold away in to a briefcase:D

Looks like a gps receiver to me.. I'd be tempted to see where it goes.. doesnt look like a factory fit and my concern would be what it was doing and what was monitoring my gps position exactly.

I knew I'd spent too much time on conspiracy theory sites and reading bout MI5.... doh!

It probably is 3rd party though as I would have expected some sort of mercedes part number on there, but there isn't one ?!?

Hmmmmm....... need to investigate further. Maybe there are other in my house...... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom