Wierd, Chirping, Clicking noise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alan1304

Car
Mercedes Benz C180 Esprit 1998
Hi Guys,
I have posted a question about this before but had no replies. Now I'm starting to really panic as the wife has booked a holiday in North Wales at the end of August, and from where we are here in Plymouth that's 300 miles each way. I have been getting a strange clicking chirping sound when I take up drive for the last three years. As as the car goes into second (It's an auto box by the way) it clicks for about a second then stops. There is no vibration at any speed, no other unexpected noises. My mechanic has checked the propshaft and driveshafts as I've requested him to do every year. This time he went over the entire transmission with a fine toothed comb because of this Wales trip, but he can't find anything wrong.
I need to know if my car is going to be alright for this trip. The noise has been there for three years but hasn't actually got any worse.
PLEASE HELP! I'm going mad. :eek:

Chirping is usually associated with the alternator pulley...but it would not have lasted this long once the chirping started...so, can't help. Sorry.

Thanks for the input Renault12ts.
This noise is definately coming from underneath at the back. So not the alternator. Thanks anyway.

Check the rear anti roll bar bushes for wear,they squeak and knock when worn.

I will do martyz, (I'll do anything to find out what it is ) but would anti roll bar bushes squeak faster as you pull away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom