Wife has ants in her pants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
I Parked the car for 2 weeks in a hotel while on a cruise and now its ant infested.

any ideas to a cure ?

I have used fly spray all over with caution.

Wife wont drive it YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS !!!!

gh3382

A bottle of ant stop spray would be my suggestion, I think homebase, b&q sell it. For use in the home ie kitchen cupboards etc.

Remove whatever attracted them - open packets of sweets etc.? I doubt they'd stick around for long in an empty car :dk:

there was no rubbish or anything in the car as we cleaned it before driving to pick the ship up in Southampton.

I will see what its like tomorrow. They may be permanent if it stops the wife using it.

gh3382

Maybe some strategic small piles of 'Nippon Ant Killer' type powder on the mats...?

They can be vacuumed up later once the 'work is done'.

6065_1

Couple of these in the car near the ants.

The spray (Raid Fly spray)I used does contain Permethrin. which is used as ant killer.

I can confirm after watching the demise of an ant that was sprayed it is effective although the ant was not too pleased.

I have sprayed in the air vents and ran the car a while after without me in it so I am not affected by the spray. this morning it seems a lot better. Hopefully it was just some that got in and not a full colony.

However i will be fitting a ant bait station as a precaution .

I have told the wife that they are South American amazonian death ants which are highly toxic and attracted like mosquitoes to high levels of estrogen in women. After responding in a foreign language (abuse) she is still not wanting to drive it. yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss.

gh3382

Last edited:
The spray (Raid Fly spray)I used does contain Permethrin. which is used as ant killer.

I can confirm after watching the demise of an ant that was sprayed it is effective although the ant was not too pleased.

I have sprayed in the air vents and ran the car a while after without me in it so I am not affected by the spray. this morning it seems a lot better. Hopefully it was just some that got in and not a full colony.

However i will be fitting a ant bait station as a precaution .

I have told the wife that they are South American amazonian death ants which are highly toxic and attracted like mosquitoes to high levels of estrogen in women. After responding in a foreign language (abuse) she is still not wanting to drive it. yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss.

gh3382

Do remember what effect bait has - it attracts the designated insect!!

We normally use the Holiday Inn just by the port, as they have great deals on parking, other than some bird poo and cat paw prints, never had any issues.

Insects and animals usually safer on parked cars than humans!

Nippon Ant Killer also do a gel which I've used in doors worked a treat

Why try to get rid of the ants?
You now have a genuine excuse to change your car :D

You could try a flea bomb - the sort you buy from pet shops for use in the home. Beware though that a car is a lot smaller space so I'd take it out before fully burnt down and then just close up the car for a couple of days.

I have now fitted two ant stations as shown in a n earlier post. I wait to see what happens .gh3382

I tried using Ant spray and it worked she stopped using my car....now to find out how to stop my uncle....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom