Wife Hit Car Off a Flat Bed Lorry!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc180k

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
Got home tonight after a s*** day and was greeted with the sight of the wife trying to fix her car! I have been informed that she "bumped" the Fiesta while pulling up to a round about - the lorry having stopped in front of her.

damage is minimal - front grille cracked, bonnet has moved so that it is now off centre, headlight pushed back, and bumper scored.

Will see if I can get a grille off ebay on the cheap - the bonnet I'm not sure at the moment how to fix and the bumper I'm hoping T Cut and a touch of paint pen will sort that. Any ideas to help?

Alcohol seems like the favoured option at the moment!!!!!

At least it's not my Merc!

Bad news mate, but it's just one of those things.

Won't be nearly as bad in the morning, and being a fiesta it'll be a darn site cheaper to fix than your Merc :)

At least she's ok eh :), cars are only lumps of metal as we all know :cool:

Will

Hello

As above main thing is she is fine, Roudabouts.... I SO nearly did similar the other day in my ML. Stopped behind a car looked right huge gap, brain tells me person ahead would have gone. Foot off brake onto accelerator....look forward and the car hasn't moved. Whack brakes on and thank the big fella.

It is easily done.

Looks like £19-£30 for a grill and whatever a coachworks will charge for the bonnet! Bugger!!

Different workings from a merc I know but is straightening a bonnet an easy thing to do - thinking perhaps a couple of bolts but getting the spaces between the wing and the bonnet I guess is the hard bit? Any tips?

Scrappie will be getting a visit for a grill in the morning.....!

What fiesta is it?

If its only £30 for the grille I bet you can source a new bonnet for not much and get it sprayed?

I bumped my Z3 and damaged looked hardly anything, Bill from local BMW garage was 4 pages long and 3K as it went through insurance. They replaced the bonnet (half the front on a Z3). Local body shop said they would have fixed it for £400.

Hello

As above main thing is she is fine, Roudabouts.... I SO nearly did similar the other day in my ML. Stopped behind a car looked right huge gap, brain tells me person ahead would have gone. Foot off brake onto accelerator....look forward and the car hasn't moved. Whack brakes on and thank the big fella.

It is easily done.

I done the SAME thing a few years ago, only I did actually bump the car in front, my merc had not a scratch. Their rover? Apprently £1000 damage? I think not but there you go.:)

Hard luck, but good luck in getting car fixed, good job no one was hurt! ;)

Just get a bonnet from a scrappy. Or a new one won't be all that much, that's if it's beyond the handywork of the bodyshop. The grille is very cheap at least :bannana:

Remember, it's only a bump - no point in getting worked up over it on a friday night :)

Will

Just get a bonnet from a scrappy. Or a new one won't be all that much, that's if it's beyond the handywork of the bodyshop. The grille is very cheap at least :bannana:

Remember, it's only a bump - no point in getting worked up over it on a friday night :)

Will
True - still annoying though!

I had a VERY minor prang in my old Clio years ago and it didnt even scratch the paint or break anything except one offside indicator lens.
After it was examined by the insurance, it was ALMOST written off.
Modern cars with their crumple zones dont need much of a shunt to misalign the body. Just a word of warning.

I had a VERY minor prang in my old Clio years ago and it didnt even scratch the paint or break anything except one offside indicator lens.
After it was examined by the insurance, it was ALMOST written off.
Modern cars with their crumple zones dont need much of a shunt to misalign the body. Just a word of warning.
Had a proper look today in the light of day and we need a new n/s headlight unit, a new grille, new badge and a minor paint job to the bumper. The bonnet is passable and to be honest when we sell they will only spot it if they look down the line of the front of the car - in my previous experiences - unlikely.

Parts I reckon will come to c.£70 with me doing the work. Will try euro car parts for the parts and price the against a breaker - cheaper wins the business!!! MOT due in June so a bit of time to get it all sorted.

Managing to milk it though for unlimited cups of tea and dinner cooked so far!!! :D :D :D

HI if you want New original ford parts with a hefty discount let me know my dad gets shed loads off the retail price and is happy to use his discount.
shame he does not get a discount at mercs!

HI if you want New original ford parts with a hefty discount let me know my dad gets shed loads off the retail price and is happy to use his discount.
shame he does not get a discount at mercs!
You have a new pm.

Thanks

I done the SAME thing a few years ago, only I did actually bump the car in front, my merc had not a scratch. Their rover? Apprently £1000 damage? I think not but there you go.:)

! ;)

£1000 + whiplash.....???:crazy:

£1000 + whiplash.....???:crazy:

I can do better than this. A few years ago I pulled out in front of someone (moslty my fault he was in my blindspot - b his speed did not help) on the approach to a roundabout.

He swerved onto the kerb to avoid me. Did not touch my car. He had damaged his suspension and I gave him my insurnac details. It was a company policy and I heard nothing more until I needed my own policy.

He somehow got £7,500 for whiplash. Still not sure how he managed it bearing in mnd he just bumped up a kerb!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom