Wife wants a "Cute" car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Toyota iQ :dk:

toyota-iq-13.jpg

While making these suggestions let's throw Perodua into the mix

Perodua_Nippa_GX_849cc,the_name_is_bound_to_impress_-_Flickr_-_mick_-_Lumix.jpg

You having a giraffe? She isn't an OAP or doesn't strike me as one?

You'll be suggesting a Vauxhall Meriva next. Suicide doors for when the car gives you suicidal thoughts for owning it!

Wife seems to like it....

The sportier derivative of Suzuki Swift is a cute car.

There can be only one

Attachments

• volkswagen-beetle-cabriolet-2013-front-quarter-static.jpg
    volkswagen-beetle-cabriolet-2013-front-quarter-static.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 14
Although my other half has just bought one of these and loves it

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 20
A 15 year old KA that must be some sort of record,go I bet it is like Triggers broom.

May I offer up the Citroen DS3 it comes with lots of girlie colors more than one on some cars.

Ford Fiesta ST

Returned home yesterday from a few weeks away and my wife's previously trusty Ford Ka proved not to be quite so trusty after all. She tends to keep her cars for a loooooooong time (unlike me), has had the Ka for 15 years and I've been trying to persuade her to get something different for some time now. So as the Ka has let her down, she's finally warming to the idea.

I've suggested just about every small city car there is, but the only ones that float her boat appear to be the current Fiat 500 or the Renault Twingo. She isn't interested in vehicle dynamics and the only criteria are:-

Must look cute
Have aircon
Remote central locking
Power steering
Preferably leather interior (like her Ka) but not a deal breaker

I suggested a Smart car but the response was....."I want cute, not weird!" :doh:

Anyhow, does anybody here have any experience of the 500 or Twingo and can offer advice please?:thumb:
Look at fiat 500 abarth deals they going dead cheap.

A 15 year old KA that must be some sort of record,go I bet it is like Triggers broom.

No, not at all. Would you believe it still has the original factory fitted battery! It's actually been pretty reliable until now and apart from tyres, new front pads and discs and lower balljoints (all consumable items) it hasn't needed a thing.

Oh just remembered, it did need a new heater unit about 7 years ago, but that's it.

A mate of mine had the 500 abarth, I know it's not the "cute" spec you would be looking at, but that was brand new and after a good few thousand miles it was rattling more than your grandads dentures on a cobblestone road!

Maybe the basic model might be different but the build quality just seems terrible!

A mate of mine had the 500 abarth, I know it's not the "cute" spec you would be looking at, but that was brand new and after a good few thousand miles it was rattling more than your grandads dentures on a cobblestone road!

Maybe the basic model might be different but the build quality just seems terrible!

That's what I was worried about with a Fiat. I only know of their reputation of old when they dissolved the first time it rained and the electrics failed as soon as you turned the ignition on. I thought they must have improved in the ensuing years if they hope to compete against other modern manufacturers.
This might take some thinking about.

Buy the Fiat. I have 300+ bhp out of my Abarth, the thing is a rock. Very well built and drives very well. You won't make a mistake buying one, the quality is top draw and better than the competitors at the price point. Can't tell you how dull and crap to drive a Mito is by comparison.

just bought my daughter a new Hyundai i10, very surprised by it, not a enthusiasts car but but does everything you would expect of the KA but 100% better. So impressed by it I then bought my wife a new i20, the above also applies to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom