Wife wants a second hand e class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunshinewelly

Car
Audi s4
I would be grateful on some tips as to what I should be looking for

Will probably go for a 220

Budget around £12500

Are there any years I should be looking for ie upgraded model

I have noted some amg body packs. Are these similar to BMW msport upgrades

What tech does the base model have and are there any particular extra packs I should be looking for

Ideally wife wants phone integration heated seats and some form of parking assistance

Cheers

Welcome aboard,for that money you can pick up 2014/15 E220 amg

AMG 'line' cars tend to have stiffer suspension and a firm (harsh ?) ride compared with non 'AMG' models.

AMG 'line' cars tend to have stiffer suspension and a firm (harsh ?) ride compared with non 'AMG' models.
True but the E class has such amazing ride quality even with the 18” alloys and sports suspension.

Sport model looks best with AMG styling, 220d good but 350d MUCH better. IMHO.
Mine runs serenely on 19” alloys if you’re concerned. All models have the spec you mention AFAIK. For me a sunroof and a gunsight is a must.

Last edited:
I'm going to be selling my 2013 facelift E350 Bluetec estate shortly as soon as I find the right specification E Class Convertible.
My advice is don't road test an E350 then buy a E220d, the engines are worlds apart.

I have the E250 sport and the ride is a little hard on bumpy roads but very good on the twisty roads. Mine has a lot of extras that you want and really does everything well for a big car.

Hi

I have a c250cdi and although it’s not an E which is what you’re looking to source it’s a smashing engine .. great on fuel economy and performance is more than good enough .. with regards to optional extras , try and find one with a PAN roof , floods the car with daylight but you have the option to shut it with an electric blind. The heated seats are also worth it .. Also try and get the xenon headlight set up as I’m on standard halogen which in my opinion dates the car .. never driven the 350 so can’t comment. I hear the 220 is also a great engine .. good luck pal

Hi, are you still looking for a e350 cabriolet? We have a 9g 2015 (65) for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom