Wifes new whip! lol w168

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Picked the A140 up today from the Dealer in Halstead, He'd done the work 2x drop links so no more knocking over bumps.

A sedate drive being a little 1.4 8v but the fuel gauge didnt move at all over the 40 mile drive home lol.

2 Previous owners, Fsh, 2 keys and 101k Manual box and everything so far working. £1,195 which i thought was fair as it came with a 3 months Comp warranty too.

Wife really likes which is the main thing haha

I snow foamed the car, dried, clayed, then Machine polished it, finished the paint with a Megs Paste Wax and did the black trim with some Simoniz Black gel.

wifea1401.jpg

wifea1402.jpg

wifea1403.jpg

wifea1404.jpg

wife1405.jpg

That looks like a cracking buy. Good luck with it.

Thankyou Sir, The wife just wanted a little run about and i cant believe she's taken to it so quick.:bannana:

The engine bay looks just as clean and un messed with, Even the plastic air intake tube is not broken.

I'm going to treat it to some Plastic Number plate surrounds, and some new centre caps for the wheels and paint the wheel bolts with hammerite silver, Seems to work well.

The Original Book is stamped upto 30k by Mercedes then the same Garage there after at 9k intervals, I will be keeping serviced every 5k from now on.

That's a great looking W168 and the Avantgarde alloys really set it apart.

I spotted something else in your second pic: there's only one letter that's different between your W211 reg and my C169 - mine is A1 XEU he-he

That's a great looking W168 and the Avantgarde alloys really set it apart.

I spotted something else in your second pic: there's only one letter that's different between your W211 reg and my C169 - mine is A1 XEU he-he

Oh i didnt realise the alloys were from a Avantgarde, It's only a classic, A/c frt electric windows and mirrors. She doesn't like wood so the interior suits just fine :)

Re the Reg, small world hey lol ;)

Yes, alloys are definitely from the Avantgarde line - I had the same on my old A160:

33176169945_2fa8cb504b_o.jpg

I only just bought this new reg last week - I thought "ex-EU" would be appropriate nowadays :cool:

Wow! That looks fantastic, What a cracking colour too!

Thanks, it was pretty cute ... love the colour too - Meteor Grey, my last two cars were in this colour :thumb:

Wish my current C169 was grey - unfortunately it's way too expensive to do a proper colour change.

Wife w168 gets some tlc

I'm not going to create a Project thread as such simply because it not my car and its nearly there, so will time to time just add stuff to this thread.

I had the wheels off alround today, Rubbed down the rear subframe, and painted it with hammerite black, along with the rear drums and front brakes.

Whist i was there i also wire brushed the Wheel bolts and painted those with hammerite silver.

a1401.jpg

a1402.jpg

a1403.jpg

a1404.jpg

a1405.jpg

Also cleaned the Plastic arch liners too, The car is looking so much better :)

That looks great, calipers in black is perfect for this car.

Well did the finishing touches to the Wifes whip:D

New Number plates, and surrounds to tidy the rear, Blue "Roadster" Centre caps for the alloy's.

Even treated it to a set of our Direct fit Overmats:bannana:

aclass1.jpg

aclass2.jpg

aclss3.jpg

aclass3.jpg

Humm i should have earned some brownie points with da wife now:rolleyes:

Well did the finishing touches to the Wifes whip:D

New Number plates, and surrounds to tidy the rear, Blue "Roadster" Centre caps for the alloy's.

Even treated it to a set of our Direct fit Overmats:bannana:

aclass1.jpg

aclass2.jpg

aclss3.jpg

aclass3.jpg

Humm i should have earned some brownie points with da wife now:rolleyes:

Looking at how nice this looks I'm going detailing mad lol

Ordering clay , snow foam, the whole lot lol

Autoglym do a kit with the clay, detailed and super resin polish for £25
Or not sure if to get the Megs kit and a seperate polish and wax

Either way I've sorted out what I'll be doing either this or next weekend lol

Probably next weekend actually as snow foam lance won't be here this weekend

Ps sorry for hijacking this thread lol

Looking at how nice this looks I'm going detailing mad lol

Ordering clay , snow foam, the whole lot lol

Autoglym do a kit with the clay, detailed and super resin polish for £25
Or not sure if to get the Megs kit and a seperate polish and wax

Either way I've sorted out what I'll be doing either this or next weekend lol

Probably next weekend actually as snow foam lance won't be here this weekend

Ps sorry for hijacking this thread lol

Tbf its alot of car for only £1,195 really, and the Wife can't get enough of it lol, She has a Top of the Range X-trail we bought Last year on a Pcp and it just sits there now doh......:doh:

Tbf its alot of car for only £1,195 really, and the Wife can't get enough of it lol, She has a Top of the Range X-trail we bought Last year on a Pcp and it just sits there now doh......:doh:

Yeh it looks mint for the price!!!

That's a Nissan :) this is a Mercedes :bannana:

Next car she'll want an AMG :D

Ps I don't know if I badly phrased my post

I was praising what a cracking job you'd done :)

Ps I don't know if I badly phrased my post

I was praising what a cracking job you'd done :)

Not at all Sir, Thankyou and i'm glad you are now on the slippery slope to detailing lol:D

w168 Plug change

I'm currently at home looking after the kids and doing the School run, Wife is in Great Ormond Street Hospital with our Youngest as he is suffering with Hirschbrungs.

Soooo, as ive just got back from the School run i got around to doing the plugs on the the wifes a140.

I cant believe how well this car has been kept, All the filters are new and the oil clean on the dipstick, The only thing over due was the plugs and wow what a difference, certainly feels more eager.

plug3.jpg

Nice clean burn, a little stiff coming out, but i think they have been in there a while.

plug2.jpg

I haven't cleaned the engine bay, It really was that clean when we got it.

plug1.jpg

Why cant some people looks after there cars like this one, I basic little A class but its been loved.

Oh well off to do the hoovering:doh:

Last edited:
I was meaning to ask - did you get a printed manual with it, and if not, would you like a pdf copy?

It's the official Mercedes file, the only change is: I removed the password protection, and got rid of silly MB star watermarks on every page - they were rather dark and making it hard to read the small text for me.

Also, by deleting and editing the foreword pages, the file page numbers are now the same as the manual page numbers.

Yes, I know what OCD is ... ha ha

PS I also have an official accessories brochure in pdf format.

I'm currently at home looking after the kids and doing the School run, Wife is in Great Ormond Street Hospital with our Youngest as he is suffering with Hirschbrungs.

Soooo, as ive just got back from the School run i got around to doing the plugs on the the wifes a140.

I cant believe how well this car has been kept, All the filters are new and the oil clean on the dipstick, The only thing over due was the plugs and wow what a difference, certainly feels more eager.

plug3.jpg

Nice clean burn, a little stiff coming out, but i think they have been in there a while.

plug2.jpg

I haven't cleaned the engine bay, It really was that clean when we got it.

plug1.jpg

Why cant some people looks after there cars like this one, I basic little A class but its been loved.

Oh well off to do the hoovering:doh:

Hope your youngest is better soon :)

well done

Nice to see your effort rewarded.(spark plugs are a bit awkward in w168!)
Sorry to hear of your Childs illness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom