Wifes new whip! lol w168

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was meaning to ask - did you get a printed manual with it, and if not, would you like a pdf copy?

It's the official Mercedes file, the only change is: I removed the password protection, and got rid of silly MB star watermarks on every page - they were rather dark and making it hard to read the small text for me.

Also, by deleting and editing the foreword pages, the file page numbers are now the same as the manual page numbers.

Yes, I know what OCD is ... ha ha

PS I also have an official accessories brochure in pdf format.

Manual? I have all the Oe Book pack etc with it, Unless you mean a Workshop manual?

Thankyou for the kind thoughts, Our 4 month old Son, fingers crossed should be out early next wk.

Manual? I have all the Oe Book pack etc with it, Unless you mean a Workshop manual?

Ah, okay then :thumb: No, it's just the Owner's Manual, exactly the same as you have in your pack.

I had a W168 workshop manual by Haynes, but left it with my old car, when I sold it.

Nice little merc

What a cracking little car!!

Listen i know these get a bad rep, But the little A-class has now covered 104k,

What have i had to do to it?

Zilch! nanno! nowt! nothing!:bannana:

Brutus is in Waterhouse Mercedes awaiting its new caliper so took the a140 for a shopping trip fully loaded, Buggy in the boot, 3kids on board and the wife.:D

Aprox 90 miles round trip Sat lovely at 70mph and didnt miss abeat this little car is a awesome motor.

22 outside and even the Aircon was working seriously i'm falling for it lol:ban:

merc85-albums-w168-picture10912-a1.jpg

merc85-albums-w168-picture10913-a2.jpg

Doesnt use a drop of oil either :)

Last edited:
Always thought the A Class would repair its reputation over time - but thought it more likely to happen to the W169.

Is it an auto or manual box Gav?

My missus had an older 98 plate manual and it was a brilliant little car. Only needed a new battery in the 4 years she owned it.
The autobox does have that reputation for being troublesome.

Lol soz for the late reply, its a 5spd manual. Heard the cvt give trouble. Now on 105k had to Replace the s side light bulb lol that's it cracking little car.

^ The manuals do seem good little runners. I felt a prat driving it though. It's no looker is it:ban:

NO not the best looking thing but a think they look better now than they did when they 1st come out, If you think about it they were ahead of there time really a compact Mpv, Aka Vauxhal Meriva? Well what ever it's been utterly faultless. ;)

Reactions: GLK
Late W168 are very good, the best ones are the LWB - They are very versatile. We still own one ourselves.

The first A class was a visionary design. The sandwich floor construction was intended to hold batteries for electrical propulsion it was rumoured. Probably due to battery limitations at the time Mercedes took cold feet and substituted conventional powerplants instead but had to shoehorn them into what might have been the location for an electric motor. The result was car that was hard to service / repair timewise and expensive to construct. Hence when they changed the design with the new W176 A CLASS they collaborated with RENAULT who knew how to make small hatchbacks profitably!:rolleyes:
https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...pedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W_176&edit-text=

Yes grober, I'm not looking forward to doing a Starter motor, Alternator anytime soon lol as i'm pretty sure its a Engine n Gearbox out job lol.

Oh well give me summit to do over a wkend pmsl.

LOL well well the A-class has finally broke something............ The Nearside rear door lock wont lock, and the button stays down.

Looking on lofty's site it is indeed the NSR Door lock assembly. Well ordered a 2nd hand one complete with cables etc, £19 delivered hahaha I love this little car so does the wife, Its the 1st issue sice buying it apart from 1 headlight bulb. The car has now done 106,500 pmsl Runs a like a dream.

I think i should take it back to the dealer and sold it to us a year ago and 6k and complain pmsl ;)

I have to say ..I'm not a fan of your wife's whip....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
But I'm loving your wife in the Leather and thigh length...Ooofftt, To Much detail.. I'd better go!

Nice purchase it looks great ! I love these little cars i very nearly got one myself last year for nipping into work but when i got to see it wasn't "as described".

An ex of mine brought one and i have to say it was a pleasure to service it even though she was driving around with no brake pads left ! so a thorough clean, full service with new pads and discs all round plus a very good clean on all the metal work underneith as there were metal filling from the braking with bare metal stuck to everything and the car was tip top after that.

My father in Law owns and drives one of these (his second one now). Dronsfields have proved to be a great help in sourcing second hand parts when he has needed them. The single biggest issue he had was a failed steering column that required complete replacement (ouch) this started life as squeaky steering and soon descended into really bad grating and tight steering. He also had a very annoying battery drain that appeared to be related to the AC not switching off completely when you switched the car off. We replaced relays and the AC control unit but never fixed it before he sold the car (admitting to it's problem) to a dealer.

I like the cars and enjoy driving it. Struggle a bit with the handbrake being under the armrest. I never use it, bit my FIL does so when I get in, I always have to remember to lift the armrest.

Great cars. Your one looks great especially with the work you have done on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom