Wife's nose put out of joint during Solent Lunch GTG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blassberg

Car
ex C320CDI, ex SLK200K, Sharing Their Saxo 1.1i !!, Her SLK200K, His ZX6R
him - enjoying drive back from Port Solent Lunch G2G :bannana:
her - driving home from work when two busses came to an impasse. One reversed to make way.... onto her bonnet.... :crazy:

We're insured thru Asda - who are requesting MB Solihull to collect and provide a courtesy car.

Attachments

• Image051.jpg
    Image051.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 225
Ouch!:crazy: What is it with SLK's and drivers reversing? There was a simular incident in Byfleet the other day, driver of the bus blamed the SLK driver for having such a small car!:devil:

I hope they replied complaining the driver's bus was too big?

I would absolutely take the bus company to the cleaners, hopefully making them bankrupt and forcing their stupid, slow, polluting, disgusting vehicles off the road.

Good luck with your claim and I hope your wife is okay.

I think I need another cup of coffee. :)

Why is it never those idiots who go out of there where way to drive around a bus that is clearly half way though pulling out of a bus stop that get their cars damaged.

There's nothing worse than seeing those white reversing light light up and knowing that they haven't seen you!

If the bus driver cant see an SLK what about a pedestrian??? To be fair in the good old days the bus conductress would have jumped out and guided the bus driver back via signal by whistle. Such is progress! Maybe the conductress should be replaced by a rearfacing camera or proximity sensors?

Last edited:
This is one of those rare examples of a situation where front/rear impact was not the fault of the driver behind.

I was on a hill in a queue and the white van in front of me started slowly moving backwards. I looked behind me, cars nose-to-tail so I sounded the horn a few times and while bracing for impact the van driver suddenly realised and applied his brakes. It would have been easy for him to tell his insurance company that I drove into the back of him and unless witnesses were willing I'd struggle to prove otherwise. Luckily he stopped just in time (literally mms from the front of my car.
chriswt said:
Why is it never those idiots who go out of there where way to drive around a bus that is clearly half way though pulling out of a bus stop that get their cars damaged.

There's nothing worse than seeing those white reversing light light up and knowing that they haven't seen you!
Why couldn't it have been one of those clever people that parks right outside the corner shop in the bus lay-by rather than drive into the carpark at the back of the shop? I'd not mind if a few of them had their cars crunched by a bus or two.

lol - maybe but I'm not going to suggest it

Well I hope your wife is okay blassberg and that the car gets fixed quickly.

thx lilB

Missed a good lunch lillb. Come to Blassberg's next one (South of France or Cotswolds!!)
Hope wife's OK CharlieB; these things shake you up however minor they seem to others and the hassle of insurance, repairs etc is not pleasant. But so lucky nowadays that someone has accepted the blame.

I'm ashamed to admit it , but I once did the same thing myself when driving a transit van (white , of course) . Driving along , I spotted a parking space on the left , signalled left , stopped , checked both mirrors then started to reverse park - CRUNCH - I hadn't seen the old chap in his Lada who had been right behind - no rear windows , only my two side mirrors .

No damage to the van , his front number plate cracked , thankfully that was all .

I apologised to him , he apologised to me ; I felt sorry for him as he looked a poor soul , so I gave him a tenner to cover a new plate and we both left it at that .

Thankfully , I don't drive vans too often .

Sorry to hear of your wife's misfortune Blassberg.
Hope it gets sorted quickly and without too much hassle.
Mac.

Pontoneer said:
I'm ashamed to admit it , but I once did the same thing myself when driving a transit van (white , of course) . Driving along , I spotted a parking space on the left , signalled left , stopped , checked both mirrors then started to reverse park - CRUNCH - I hadn't seen the old chap in his Lada who had been right behind - no rear windows , only my two side mirrors .

No damage to the van , his front number plate cracked , thankfully that was all .

I apologised to him , he apologised to me ; I felt sorry for him as he looked a poor soul , so I gave him a tenner to cover a new plate and we both left it at that .

He probably thought you were buying the whole car.

Sorry to hear of this Blasberg. Most bus companies do not let their drivers reverse with passengers on the bus and often have CCTV which will confirm the bus reversed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom