Wife's out in my E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Fixit

Car
2012 SLK55 AMG
trouble is 'its just a car' as far as she is concerned!
:eek::eek::eek:
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Success

You did better than I did.

She just refused me.

(My wife, not yours)

success_baby.jpg

Last time my wife drove my car She, obliterated the front carbon splitter, Smashed the front bumper "just been painted" and cracked the windscreen all in 2 days doh....

You are lucky to have an E55, my wife will not even drive my E320 !

Feeling your pain. Looking at airport hotel parking rules at the moment, and they want me to leave my keys. Nooooo!

She'll be fine.

The wife, don't know about the car.

Mrs M, drives all 'our cars' and has a track record that causes no concern. From our C55 to our 'showroom' 300TE 4-Matic and her own 4.8is BMW X5 (tuned).

Of everyone I know I'd trust my other half to drive my CLS over anyone else.

But when the conversation came up and she goes, "I let you drive my Focus (1.6tdci) so why can't I drive your CLS". I think I pretended to be deaf at that point haha

OP I'm sure your car will be fine, knackered but fundamentally ok....maybe haha ;)

Feeling your pain. Looking at airport hotel parking rules at the moment, and they want me to leave my keys. Nooooo!

I won't go to any airport hotel parking and be expected to leave my car keys.

For future reference and what worked for me.
I used to let my wife drive both my other W210 E280's without a problem. But I could see the E55 was a bucketload more powerful than anything she had driven before, including my mapped Sierra Cosworth.

So....the day of collection I invited her to come along to "see what she can do" so she knew what the capabilities of the car were beforehand.

Given a bit of clear "private road;)" I dropped a couple of gears and accelerated hard.
The scream will live with me until I die:eek:. Totally unprepared for what a 4 door 5 seater car can do when its angry, she swore never to drive it herself:bannana:

One of my better decisions I think when looking at the bodywork of her Focus.:doh:

Not a great thread with the casual sexism that women can't drive.

Mrs Gnomes drives our 911 (probably better than me) and has ragged at the Silverstone Porsche experience. It's kinda quick when you give it the beans and she has no issues.

Mrs WN is probably the best driver in the world, never to have driven...

She insists I do the driving, as I need the practice ;)

Bluegnomes said:
Not a great thread with the casual sexism that women can't drive. Mrs Gnomes drives our 911 (probably better than me) and has ragged at the Silverstone Porsche experience. It's kinda quick when you give it the beans and she has no issues.

Agreed

I showed this to Mrs M. Her comment? It's 2017 wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

Not a great thread with the casual sexism that women can't drive.

Mrs Gnomes drives our 911 (probably better than me) and has ragged at the Silverstone Porsche experience. It's kinda quick when you give it the beans and she has no issues.

No sexism intended in my previous post. Just stating a fact that the E55 acceleration frightened the missus and she declined to drive the car. She is perfectly fine driving her Focus and my previous cars.

I'm awake Bruce:D

There is general tone of "women can't drive a fast" car on this thread.

AMGeed your post does state the facts of going out with your wife.

There are plenty of women who like (Mrs Gnome would have had a SLC43 if we could have found one) and can drive fast cars well.

There is general tone of "women can't drive a fast" car on this thread.

AMGeed your post does state the facts of going out with your wife.

There are plenty of women who like (Mrs Gnome would have had a SLC43 if we could have found one) and can drive fast cars well.

Horses for courses Bluegnome.
My missus isn't keen on driving fast. Has yet to break the 70mph limit. Doesn't mean to say she "can't" drive a fast car, just prefers something more sedate.
Doesn't make me sexist.

This forum is weird at times.........make an innocent remark and its pounced on:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom