Wife's out in my E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst I can only certainly speak for one woman (my wife) she honestly cannot drive for Sh££, she readily admits this! In fact I'm beginning to wonder what she did to her driving examiner to actually be legally let loose on the roads. She has so far had 3 separate bumps (that I know of ) on our 8 week old C250 which at 201BHP is far from the most powerful thing on the road. If you meet her coming up a rural country road you may as well find reverse gear yourself and prepare for a long journey in reverse as she clearly is not aware of its existence on our 7G tropic+ Auto, again she must have skipped that part of the driving lessons. If she parks next to you then I either hope you have fully comprehensive insurance and a protected no claims policy or that you do not mind an extra coat of Magnetite Black on your car not that there is much left of it on my car. At least she knows how to look after an engine well and does treats her to some Shell Nitro V Power from time to time, just a shame it is a Diesel engine.

whilst i can only certainly speak for one woman (my wife) she honestly cannot drive for sh££, she readily admits this! In fact i'm beginning to wonder what she did to her driving examiner to actually be legally let loose on the roads. She has so far had 3 separate bumps (that i know of ) on our 8 week old c250 which at 201bhp is far from the most powerful thing on the road. If you meet her coming up a rural country road you may as well find reverse gear yourself and prepare for a long journey in reverse as she clearly is not aware of its existence on our 7g tropic+ auto, again she must have skipped that part of the driving lessons. If she parks next to you then i either hope you have fully comprehensive insurance and a protected no claims policy or that you do not mind an extra coat of magnetite black on your car not that there is much left of it on my car. At least she knows how to look after an engine well and does treats her to some shell nitro v power from time to time, just a shame it is a diesel engine.

im actually dying of laughter

Isn't it odd how one can't seem to have a bit of good natured banter on a forum these days without someone accusing you of being sexist, racist, ageist or any number of other nouns with an 'ist' on the end.

If I were to show this thread to my wife, she would be quite perplexed about the sexism accusations. She has absolutely zero interest in cars and can't understand why us chaps make such a fuss about keeping them in good shape. Ask her about kittens, flowers, colour co-ordination or cooking and she's your man - sorry, woman, but cars? Nope, just not interested. She thinks I and several of my pals are just a bit OCD about our cars and, truth to tell, yes we are, but do I get offended by the suggestion? Absolutely not.

In my experience, women generally aren't precious about their cars, unlike us chaps, especially those of us who frequent a car forum, although I accept there are exceptions to every rule. Acknowledging the two sexes are different in outlook and interests isn't being sexist. It's the natural order of things.

Maybe the subject of 'good natured humour' should be added to the schooling curriculum before it's lost forever under a rising tide of political correctness.:bannana:

Just my thoughts before I go off to do the housework, washing, ironing and arranging some flowers I've just cut from the garden. ;)

Oh, one last thing - my wife knows better than to ask if she can borrow my Lotuses.:D

I really don't mind Mrs Ant driving our car because she's an excellent driver. But she just never has time to do so with all the household chores that I expect her to do every day.

:D

Shoe is on the other foot for me. Happy for my wife to drive my 2013 C204 but she WILL NOT hand over the keys for her 2016 Golf R. Can't understand it!!

^^ probably because you're not going fill the tank up before returning it and you won't get back in time for her to make her hair/nail appointment. Or it could be...

My wife is very small and refuses to drive my E350 as apparently it's too big for her.

She drives an Aygo and loves it, she has never cleaned a car since we have been together around 17 years and will only fill the car with petrol as a last resort.

I have never used the washing machine or ironed clothes but we are from a different era compared to younger people.

She has never had an accident or speeding ticket.

I did bring her previous Aygo back smashed up a few years ago (not my fault though) and ended up having to buy another one once the repairs were completed.

I personally don't mind a bit of banter as it's all good fun and to my mind nothing is meant to upset anyone it's just fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2769.png

oh dear :rolleyes:

You are lucky that your more significant half will happily drive your E55, mine won't go near my C55, so as a result whenever we go anywhere where I might want a drink, dinner/BBQ/wedding...you get the idea, I have to drive her Zafira there so she can drive it back.

Not talking about getting bladdered, just a few social pint's . Sometimes we take my car as I don't mind not drinking (occasionally !). I have tried to convince her she might have to move/drive it in an emergency.

She is having none of it.

Not sure if I should change....the wife, not the car.

NEVER leave your keys.

Find another parking company.

Cheers, found a hotel which doesn't require you to hand them in. It's a ten minute taxi ride from Gatwick but worth it for the peace of mind. :thumb:

You are lucky that your more significant half will happily drive your E55, mine won't go near my C55, so as a result whenever we go anywhere where I might want a drink, dinner/BBQ/wedding...you get the idea, I have to drive her Zafira there so she can drive it back.

Not talking about getting bladdered, just a few social pint's . Sometimes we take my car as I don't mind not drinking (occasionally !). I have tried to convince her she might have to move/drive it in an emergency.

She is having none of it.

Not sure if I should change....the wife, not the car.
I feel your pain, my wife is exactly the same, she simply refuses to drive my car.
She can't see the corners, it's too low, the doors are too big/heavy and her mother struggles to get in it ! All plus point as far as I'm concerned:D

well the bad new is the wife's Citroen C3 have eaten its power steering and we are looking at a big bill (£3K!) that was more that the car so tossed the keys at the dealer and said keep it so she is driving it some more and now 'can understand why you like it',
Good news is we ended up buying a new Citroen as they made a silly offer and agreed to credit the bill and then take the same off the an new car plus a Citroen contribution and put it on 0% so she gets a new C4 Cactus in a week;- result.

Should have parked it in Moss Side overnight.

Fine & handsome bit of road rash that!
I was having a chuckle at this thread and read off the caption about us men to my lovely missus of 20 odd years called Linda !
(The pretty on in the back office. )

To which this quick witted Irish American from the back woods of Northern Idaho said in a prickled tone .
"There's a tool for that and the guys should stop being a tool"!--OK me dear! Point taken! (as I quipped in me Gloucester accent still chuckling !):rolleyes::p
The tool (a special 1/2 drive socket is actually made by Snap On--comes in various sizes.
Tuerca Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom