Wifey hit a pheasant... Cost of replacement grill?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes. But I've seen deer dart out from hedges.

But one didn't...

Maybe a meteorite could have fallen on her car...but it didn't...

What is wrong with everyone on this forum?

Maybe a bit harsh. Sorry. Long day.

...now where are the kittens when you need them? ;)

Last edited:
Did have a similar event happen to one of our VW vans a few years back, a pheasent went in 'beak first', to the front end, bumper, grill and radiator, a right mess!

Replacement is being fitted by MB next week for £243 for anyone interested. This is for the standard, 3 bar jobbie.

I contemplated fitting myself but the labour is small. Not sure in cash but it's 0.2 hours apparently.

I had a bird of some sort THROUGH the windscreen of my old Freelander once - I might have posted a picture or two....maybe 6-7 years ago ? Scared the living **it out of me....

I had a bird of some sort THROUGH the windscreen of my old Freelander once - I might have posted a picture or two....maybe 6-7 years ago ? Scared the living **it out of me....

I had one hit the screen right in front of my face on the M4 some years back (without breaking it) - almighty bang, I was so shaken up that I missed my turnoff.

:eek: Through the screen! That's crazy.

Hi I just changed my front grill to an AMG style for my SL350 cost £159 from e bay,so easy to fit as well took 5 minutes.

You got off very lucky but still a PITA, while my daughter was doing her agri degree placement she was using our old BX Turbo Diesel commuting around the M25 each week, she was emerging from one of the tunnels when a large white object crossed in front of the car......not running but flying low! Big Bang, lots of steam but the car was still running fine so she carried on until the next turn off about 6 miles away, when I got there we found a huge swan jammed into the headlight and grill area, it had destroyed the bumper section, the crash beam behind the bumper had deformed :eek: the radiator and oil cooler had been completely mashed, probably about £600 worth of damage alone, biggest problem was my daughter said just as she slowed down to stop at the roundabout the car juddered to a halt and she could not start it after that.....yes you guessed it the engine was toast, it smelt like an old kiln! The car was a write off......Swans are huge animals......and heavy when hit at 70mph :crazy:

She now lives on the farm in Norfolk and when we visit each time we have to drive through Thetford/Elveden Forest.......I dread deers running out in front at 60 mph, I have seen so many cars at the side of the road with a confused owner looking at the Bambi sludge oozing from the crumpled grill/bumper/headlamp.....and even windscreen occasionally, now that can be fatal and not necessarily for the deer!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom