Wifi/phone on whilst asleep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At home I turn the phone on when I want to use it and then off again afterwards. Where I live the signal is marginal to non existent. If I leave the phone on it runs the battery down in no time, I presume due to it constantly searching for a decent signal. Texts seem to work most of the time but to make or receive a voice call I have to stand in the middle of the garden. Not much point in leaving on all night then.

I'm not of the generation that spends half their waking hours staring into a smart phone so the lack of a serviceable signal at home is no great hardship. I'm almost grateful that it's saved me from another addiction.

1. If your mobile is turned off, then how will you find it when you have lost it / forgotten where you last left it. Easily done when you get older !
2. Left on all night as I like hearing the " ching ching " cash register sound during the night when I have sold something out of my Ebay shop. Very therapeutic .

Steve.

Is it wrong that I’m starting to feel guilty for leaving my phone on all the time?

Mine is on 24/7. Not much point having it if you can't be contacted in an emergency:doh:
Landline is prehistoric and only there because of the broadband deal.
I've yet to receive a nuisance call that has woken me.
Whatsapp and any other notifications are turned off anyway. Too intrusive.

Bill, is your phone capable of WiFi calls? Once set up your mobile signal doesn't matter as your calls are channeled through your router.

Not sure! Will have to look into that.

1631265383439.png

But then if the phone rings in the middle of the night I'll have to get out of bed and get dressed?

images.jpg

Not sure! Will have to look into that.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Getting to the menu is via the main call (green C) button, then go to settings from the top right drop down menu.

Whatsapp is okay for free international calls but unnecessary if you can set up WiFi calls to override a poor indoor signal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210913-073334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-073334_Gallery.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom