Wikipedia rules...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Troon

MB Enthusiast
Car
A big one
My daughter came into the house saying she'd just seen an interesting old car with numberplate OAD 24 with a winged bonnet badge - could I look it up? I'd noticed that there was an Austin A30/A35 owners' day near our house and recalled the winged Austin badge, so I decided to open the Wikipedia page on the A30. "Yeah, that's the car" she said.

Austin A30 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the numberplate of the car in the picture... spooky...

Probably the only one left! The Morris Minor was far better handling car due to its wider track and better brakes despite the torsion bar front suspension. Sir Alexander Arnold Constantine Issigonis again.:thumb:

Funny how design repeats itself.......check out those swage lines.
austin1.jpg

cls1.jpg

I know where there's a 'barn' stored A35, he'd probably take a grand if it's of any interest to someone?

Funny how design repeats itself.......check out those swage lines.
austin1.jpg

cls1.jpg
It's no coincidence. MB are trying (perhaps unsuccessfully) to recapture the elegance of the Adenauer, whose lines were typical of its era and could be seen on many cars right up to the 1950s.

start.jpg

First car in our household when I was a kid. Dad and his mate both had one - we were the lucky ones as ours was fitted with an optional extra - a heater!

My aunt used to have an A35, some years later I had an A40 Farina which was it's successor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom