Will a 202 interiour fit in a 201????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

custard

Have a very clean 190 but the interiour is so so bland. Just bought a c280 with amg interiour and would like to fit the seats. Just wondered how difficult it is?

Think about it...why would the interiors from two entirely different cars be interchangeable?

Have a very clean 190 but the interiour is so so bland. Just bought a c280 with amg interiour and would like to fit the seats. Just wondered how difficult it is?

Use the existing floor mounts & runners.

Bit of welding here and there it should fit ok.

Have a measure up make sure they physically fit inside the car first though :)

The rear seat won't fit as the W202 side bolsters are separate,think the 202 is wider
as well. Join the waiting list for a 201 leather interior,only took me 2 years to get the right
one.

Can't see why the front seats won't fit and I'm sure the rear seats can be adapted somehow; they are similar sized cars after all.

I'm not stupid I do realise they are two different cars. I just happen to have bought a cheap c280 with nice interior and wonder how hard it would be to do. Someone must have done it

And I don't really want a leather interior. No aircon so too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter

Yes it can and has been done.

There is someone out there who has just fitted a supercharged C230K engine into a 190 and they even made the 202 dash fit in the 190 with a little chopping.

The W202 is based on the W201 chassis, hence the sequential chassis numbering..

They share several parts, including suspension and steering (box etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if the seat mounts lined up to be honest..

The W202 chassis was evolved from the W201. They do not share many common parts. Steering box is not interchangeable. Although the design is very similar.

Some rear control arms are, but they are also interchangeable with a wide variety of later mercs. The W201 was the pioneer for the multi link rear suspension design that has been in service across nearly every model for 35 years.

The W202 front seats fit with minimal fabrication (bar chopping 4 inches off the runners as the are too long - If you line the 2 rear bolts up and fit the outside front bolt through the seat all you need to do to the forth inner front bolt is drill a hole through the bulkhead one inch to the side of the original bolt hole and stick a nut under and tighten.

As for the rears who knows but it has been done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom