Will be dealing drugs next Thursday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Yes, I've decided to get my windows tinted. Obviously having a black CLS it'll look somewhat pimpish. But I'm fed up sitting in a greenhouse, and listening to the kids whinging it's too bright. I know aftermarket tint leaves a border, but the side windows will look good, as they have no window border.

Question is how dark do I go?

Also putting a sunstrip on the windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you think it will cut down internal heat? I'm finding the Merc to be the hottest car I've had, it seems to hold in the heat.

Do you think it will cut down internal heat? I'm finding the Merc to be the hottest car I've had, it seems to hold in the heat.

I hope so, that's what it's supposed to do

What do you mean?

Leaves a white border where it joins the black outline

5145b9bba43a9aa3c47e0d63ea6bd9ba.jpg

When I had tints done on a car a good few years back there was no border. The film went over the stipples

When I had tints done on a car a good few years back there was no border. The film went over the stipples

Well the bloke who does it has all the big dealer contracts, namely lambo. So hopefully he does it perfectly.

Last lot that did mine, looked crap

If done correctly it should be pushed to the edges and not leave any white edges.

That looks like it's been cut incorrectly

Arc at you with ya name dropping 'Lambo's'

Proper dealer. ;)

I've had the last 3 cars done and haven't seen a border on any window - that's very odd.

It's the colour of the car that's the biggest problem (watch Mythbusters for the black vs. white car episode).

I'm pretty sure I couldn't feel the warmth of the sun through my E55K windows, and also in my CL, so I suspect they may already reflect UV light?

My W210 came with limo black tints on every window back from the fronts. No different in heat dissapation.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

I had heat reflecting metalised film on the windows of our Alhambra. Before it was like a greenhouse the A/C struggled to keep us cool. After the film was applied, to all but the windscreen, very much cooler. Also very much more private, no one could see into the car. Only downside was at night, I had to be very careful pulling out of junctions, just wouldn't get away with it these days..
That said one can get very light tints with the same heat reflective properties.

Oh, the car was British Racing Green ...

I've had the last 3 cars done and haven't seen a border on any window - that's very odd.
John I thought you said that the pervy windows on the S211 were factory, anyway whoever did them did a good job as it's difficult to see in.

John I thought you said that the pervy windows on the S211 were factory, anyway whoever did them did a good job as it's difficult to see in.

I think I had them darkened a bit Tom - a film on the standard dark tint to hide stuff inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom