Will be washing my own car for the first time - what's the best / good quality shampoo, snow foam etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 159322
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok guys ...
Am I missing something here ??
What's with the funny remarks ?

Is it implying to me or others ?
Not you at all mate. Just the usual banter from the guys who love cleaning/detailing/TBM and those who use fairy liquid. ☺️

Two buckets is the safest method, with grit guards in the bottom.

Seriously though, If your budget will stretch to it, consider ceramic coating. The Karcher and snow foam will mean it will take longer to get the kit out and fill the buckets than it will to do the job.

The guys joking about popcorn are hinting you will end going all in and talking about the merits of buying an air compressor JUST to blow off your car after rinsing... I know I did this (in private to avoid ridicule).

Don't get started on the plethora of microfibre drying cloths... I use the G-Techniq one, its expensive but it works great for me.

Atarioldskool, I can see the detailing bug gripping you tighter than Co-vid lol

You will need to add a water purifier if you want to blow dry your car properly without it spotting

kc

Watch the Forensic Detailing channel on Youtube. This guy knows all there is to know👍
Try this one, he has lots of different ones
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I use Mequiars big yellow drying clothes. I notice that that Halfrauds are having a 20% off sale on lots of detailing products, not saying they are the cheapest or best but may get you started on the road to hell

kc

I use Mequiars big yellow drying clothes. I notice that that Halfrauds are having a 20% off sale on lots of detailing products, not saying they are the cheapest or best but may get you started on the road to hell

kc
Megs ultimate drying towels are great, very plush and wash up very well, I've been using them for years now and still working well, as to Klin Korea, and various other brands, for safe dying with towels it's also helps to use them a little damp with some drying aid.

As for washing methods again a much debatable subject, I dont use the 2BM, as it has too many flaws, Grit guards dont actually hold the grit at the bottom of the bucket, most of it is suspended in the foam.
I prefer the Multi Mitt method it's far safer, faster, and more efficient.
Wash mitts, I use Chemical guys Green Noodle wash mitts, these are very soft and dare to all paint finishes.

Shampoo.
Bh Auto wash. Very versatile, cleans extremely well and only 10ml needed max in your bucket.
Works also very well via a foamer or cannon.
Garage Therapy One-maintenance. Very Susdy and lubricated 20ml per wash.
LABOCOSMETICA Semper, again very similar to Garage therapy.
AENSO pure Shampoo is equally good.

Sf, BH Autofaom is among the best IMO.
Detail driven Supplies SF also fantastic product
AENSO SF also especially good

PRE WASH
Detail Driven Supplies Citrus Prewash 20/1 for average soiling 10/1 for heavy soiling.
Bh Surfex HD, APC very similar dilution rates to the citrus-pre-wash and great results

Wheel cleaner
Bh Auto wheel. Very good and can be diluted upto a max of 1/1 for maintenance.
Garage therapy wheel shampoo is great and Sunday
BH auto wash also a great versatile shampoo.

Tyres and plastic
Carpro Pearl neat for tyres and rubber trims, dilute 1/3 for plastic
1/6 for interior.

Faom cannon
Autoabrite is a good cannon although is top heavy and falls over easy enough
Detaildriven supplies wide mouth cannon is the same price, fantastic cannon with a wider opening to pour products into. Foams very well and doesn't fall over.

QD
Garage therapy
Carpro Elixir
Wowo's QD
Koche Chemie FSE.
Both work very well and great as a drying aid too.

Sealant.
If your after quick and easy.
Spray and rinse products
gyeon wetcoat
CARPRO Hydro 2 Light
CARBON COLLECTIVE

Long term sealant
Wowos Crystal Crystal sealant V3
And use either spray and rinse sealants to maintain or a good QD.

glass cleaner
Angel wax Vision
Carpro Clarify.

GLASS sealant Angel wax H2GO

.all of the above I have personally used and tested against dozens of others and found these to be my favourite.

I use the three Autoglym products, Polar blast/wash/seal.
There may be better but these are readily available, work ok, smell great and are easy to use with all three being applied with the jet washer.

My car is oldish and the paintwork while far from perfect, has been clayed and polished so is pretty smooth.
It is also little used so each wash is pretty easy.

The polar seal in particular is a game changer.

As for washing methods again a much debatable subject, I dont use the 2BM, as it has too many flaws, Grit guards dont actually hold the grit at the bottom of the bucket, most of it is suspended in the foam.
Wash mitts, I use Chemical guys Green Noodle wash mitts, these are very soft and dare to all paint finishes.

Shampoo.
Bh Auto wash. Very versatile, cleans extremely well and only 10ml needed max in your bucket.

PRE WASH
Detail Driven Supplies Citrus Prewash 20/1 for average soiling 10/1 for heavy soiling.
Bh Surfex HD, APC very similar dilution rates to the citrus-pre-wash and great results

Wheel cleaner

Tyres and plastic
1/6 for interior.

Faom cannon
Detaildriven supplies wide mouth cannon is the same price, fantastic cannon with a wider opening to pour products into. Foams very well and doesn't fall over.

QD
Garage therapy
Carpro Elixir
Wowo's QD
Koche Chemie FSE.

Sealant.
Spray and rinse products
gyeon wetcoat
CARPRO Hydro 2 Light
CARBON COLLECTIVE

Long term sealant

glass cleaner
Angel wax Vision
Carpro Clarify.

.all of the above I have personally used and tested against dozens of others and found these to be my favourite.
Wheel brushes
Ez Detail Brushes or Speedmaster, very flexible and fit behind the calipers with easy.
Valet pro detail sash brushes are great value for money
Ultra soft detail brushes for delicate trims and interior
Detail Factory
Carbon collective

Power washing equipment
Karcher is a good base to start, although the hose are terrible and kink you an get replacement and better quality from Direct Hoses

Short trigger guns and quick release fittings
Direct Hoses Hoses again.

The op has no idea just how long these threads will go when on the subject of washing your car,thats why I got my post in quick about the hand car wash,we are only a few post to the twenty bucket wash and getting the afterburner of a F16 to dry it :banana:
🤣🤣🤣😆😁💯💢💥

Seriously though, If your budget will stretch to it, consider ceramic coating. The Karcher and snow foam will mean it will take longer to get the kit out and fill the buckets than it will to do the job.

The guys joking about popcorn are hinting you will end going all in and talking about the merits of buying an air compressor JUST to blow off your car after rinsing... I know I did this (in private to avoid ridicule).

Don't get started on the plethora of microfibre drying cloths... I use the G-Techniq one, its expensive but it works great for me.
Loool

Defo won't be going to that extent

Just got told that if using air blower it will leave water marks
So best to use a jumbo towel
Seen one from chemical guys used it was massive and 1 wipe of it drys it

Atarioldskool, I can see the detailing bug gripping you tighter than Co-vid lol

You will need to add a water purifier if you want to blow dry your car properly without it spotting

kc
In my younger days yes ,I would spend all day getting the car clean , not any more
Want a quick job but good result

In that case that's a bad idea using air blower
We have hard water in Midlands
7.5 - 7.7ph approx

Shampoo.

PRE WASH

Wheel cleaner

Tyres and plastic
1/6 for interior.

Faom cannon

QD
Garage therapy
Carpro Elixir
Wowo's QD
Koche Chemie FSE.

Sealant.
Spray and rinse products
gyeon wetcoat
CARPRO Hydro 2 Light
CARBON COLLECTIVE

Long term sealant

glass cleaner
Angel wax Vision
Carpro Clarify.

Hi leeJV

Thank you for the in-depth recommendation of products

Just curious what do you think of the potential product I suggested
I assume you have used them too ?

Would you recommend them or no ?

Loool

Defo won't be going to that extent

Just got told that if using air blower it will leave water marks
So best to use a jumbo towel
Seen one from chemical guys used it was massive and 1 wipe of it drys it
Get a water filter.....I rinse the car with filtered water, blow off the excess water with my leaf blower and leave it to air dry. No marks & no drying.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom