Will be washing my own car for the first time - what's the best / good quality shampoo, snow foam etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 159322
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just an update
I washed my car over the weekend with the product's that was recommended by @LeeJV and I'm just gonna put it here
WOW amazing stuff

The window cleaner i just found it to be a tiny little bit of pain
I had to buff quite a bit for it to remove and to leave a smear free shining glass

The Hydro 2 lite amazing stuff- not sure if its my illusion but to me the car has a deep white shine to it and plastic black bits around the bumper seems to be popping out (a good thing)
I've ended up using a quarter of a bottle
Is that normal ? Or did I get carried away of using too much !
Otherwise looks like I will going through alot of it

The interior gel cleaner good stuff easy to wipe off without leaving any smears

Lesther cleaner probable the easiest cleaner I have used for leathers
Drys up as soon as u give it a wipe and took my denim jeans dye stain of from my red seats in 1 wipe truly good stuff

Snow foam good at cleaning but it wasn't as thick as I hoped like some of the videos you see on YouTube other brands BUT did do a good job at cleaning

Overall I'm glad I purchased all the product's that leeJV recommended money well spent

Thank you so much

Hey bud
Thanks for updating us with your user experience with the products I recommend

BH Autofaom isn't an extremely foamy product, but it's not supposed to be. Its sole purpose is to clean and rinse off easily.

The hydro 2 is easy to get carried away with, for example, 1 spray on a wing and then spread over would be enough before either buffing off or rinsing.
You will get at least 10 washes done before needing to re apply.

The glass cleaner can be difficult to use, depending on what cloth you use and how you apply it

I give the towel about 3 sprays onto a waffle weave towel, spread over the glass, then buff off with either another dry waffle weave towel or a very short pile MF Cloth.

Hey bud
Thanks for updating us with your user experience with the products I recommend

BH Autofaom isn't an extremely foamy product, but it's not supposed to be. Its sole purpose is to clean and rinse off easily.

The hydro 2 is easy to get carried away with, for example, 1 spray on a wing and then spread over would be enough before either buffing off or rinsing.
You will get at least 10 washes done before needing to re apply.

The glass cleaner can be difficult to use, depending on what cloth you use and how you apply it

I give the towel about 3 sprays onto a waffle weave towel, spread over the glass, then buff off with either another dry waffle weave towel or a very short pile MF Cloth.
1 spray per panel ?
Is that it ... I sprayed like 7 times
I did the rinse method

Glass cleaner - i use the maguires cloth
To apply I use the really short pile looks like squares pattern on the cloth
So it scrubs as I'm cleaning then to buff I use maguires extra soft its yellow and looks just like the jumbo yellow towel
They do just a smaller version

Hello all
New here and a happy proud owner of a 2020 CLA.

I have always got my car's washed from the local guys at petrol stations but have decided I want to be washing my own car - so I don't potentially scratch, damage the paint work and most importantly knowing I am using good quality products.

I am no detailer or have the intension to wash my car that intense but would like it to look clean and prestige.

What are the best shampoo to use ?
Ive seen alot of best shampoo reviews online and autoglyn bodywork shampoo and condition is always in the top 2
So I guess this is some good stuff ?

What about snow foam chemical ?
Which is good to use frequently as a prewash and every 2 weeks use it as a quick wash ?

Are chemical guy products any good ? Or are they just over hyped on the commercial side of things on YouTube ?
Hi there. If you take your car to a £6 car wash that’s exactly what you’ll get plus the odd scratch. I always use autobrite car detailing products which are not cheap but reasonable. Decon, wash, ceramic wax, and polish, you will see the difference straight away. Pete

Hello all
New here and a happy proud owner of a 2020 CLA.

I have always got my car's washed from the local guys at petrol stations but have decided I want to be washing my own car - so I don't potentially scratch, damage the paint work and most importantly knowing I am using good quality products.

I am no detailer or have the intension to wash my car that intense but would like it to look clean and prestige.

What are the best shampoo to use ?
Ive seen alot of best shampoo reviews online and autoglyn bodywork shampoo and condition is always in the top 2
So I guess this is some good stuff ?

What about snow foam chemical ?
Which is good to use frequently as a prewash and every 2 weeks use it as a quick wash ?

Are chemical guy products any good ? Or are they just over hyped on the commercial side of things on YouTube ?
This Forum subject always a fascinating read & amazed at the almost eccentric approach to cleaning a car. However much respect for the knowledge & skills.
After 3 black cars in a row I'm fed up with forever washing & polishing to get a finish that lasts a few miles. A paint on a new solid black Honda S2000 was so soft it micro-scratched after the first VERY careful 2 bucket wash, a metallic black Audi & up to last month an SLK bot hid micro-scratches better ditto. In fact with little effort I achieved a wet-look finish on the SLK without going to extreme professional detailers extremes.
Now I'm liberated with a bright silver SLC with solid black highlights on mirrors & wheels. Using lots of a polish formulated for silver Turtlewax or something it looks & keeps very bright clean & shiny. getting almost a wet look effect. The joy is that it stays looking sharp & clean for a long time irrespective of weather & road conditions. Black? - never again.
As an afterthought many years ago a colleague was 'issued' with a black Ford Mondeo estate. Having no interest in cars, let alone bothering to clean it himself & knowing he could claim a monthly car washing allowance for 4 years it was washed by machine at his local garage. Come the time to change the car was grey, so bad were the scratched panels.

Auto Finesse, Everything I use is Auto Finesse, can't recommend it enough, can be a little expensive but I've started paying a bit more attention to it and it lasts longers than some normal cleaning products.

-Obli-Tar-Ate all around the cills
-Wheel cleaner while that soaks in
-agitate the Obli-Tar-Ate
-Wash both off with the pressure washer and give the car a once over for loose stuff.
-Avalanche Snow Foam (leave for a few minutes if its a nice day, get it off quickly if it's hot.
-wash down with Body shampoo clean to the dirty bucket
-wash all that off
-Ceramic Car foam
-Microfibre towel and dry off, Their Triple wax is good if you've got the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom