Will Brabus Exhaust fit a W203 AMG bumper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blueserenity777

Car
Kleemann C-class
I have decided on getting the Brabus Exhaust for my W203 facelift with AMG bumpers..I have seen the Brabus exhaust and not sure with the slanted pipes if it will fit into the cutting of the W203 AMG bumper..at present it has the sports pack oval chrome tip exhaust..Brabus Exhaust consist of twin slanted pipes of 76mm each..

Help..wondering if anyone has fitted a Brabus on their W203 AMG bumper..

You will most likely need to trim your bumper. There are two (three if you include the C55) versions of rear AMG bumper on the W203.

One has the standard wider outlet for dual tips, and the other has a narrower outlet for the single oval exhaust and is more commonly found on the sport pack models.

Trimming the bumper seems fairly common place these days as people opt for larger tail pipes. A decent exhaust fitter ought to have little problem.

Can you not change the black lower (difuser) part of the bumper on an AMG bumper like chap with the C55 did?

that was tudu's C55..along with this c200k as well i think..

Trimming the bumper seems fairly common place these days as people opt for larger tail pipes. A decent exhaust fitter ought to have little problem.

anyone know a good exhaust fitter along the southcoast(brighton) area..dont want a messy job if cutting into the bumper panel is involved..:crazy:

Can you not change the black lower (difuser) part of the bumper on an AMG bumper like chap with the C55 did?

No, on the W203 it's not a separate part. tudu bought a C55 bumper and then stuck a diffuser onto it.

I had to have my bumper trimmed when I had my AMG exhaust fitted as in my naivety when I bought my AMG kit I hadn't realised that there were two types of rear bumper...

i had no idea about the 2 versions..just assumed they used the C32 bumpers for the sports pack..the C32 bumper would be ok as it has twin pipes,so should be fine..mine is the single oval sports pack so i have to look into it..just wondering how it would look after cut outs..might need paint touchups on the cutout trim..

i had no idea about the 2 versions..just assumed they used the C32 bumpers for the sports pack..the C32 bumper would be ok as it has twin pipes,so should be fine..mine is the single oval sports pack so i have to look into it..just wondering how it would look after cut outs..might need paint touchups on the cutout trim..

Neither did I until I ended up with the wrong bumper :eek:

I was shocked when my exhaust guy called me to say 'I think we need to trim your bumper'. I was thinking (well can't say it here) - I just bought the kit because of the exhaust and now it won't fit, aaaaargh!

Anyway, that's when I checked and there are different part no's for the ones with different cutouts :(

Didn't need to paint anything on mine, although I guess if you're really picky you could do with touching up the edges, it's not really noticeable - although having said that I'm still keen to get a 'proper' C32 bumper :D

No, on the W203 it's not a separate part. tudu bought a C55 bumper and then stuck a diffuser onto it.

I had to have my bumper trimmed when I had my AMG exhaust fitted as in my naivety when I bought my AMG kit I hadn't realised that there were two types of rear bumper...

My C200K sport already had AMG bumpers. When i had the C55 exhaust conversion done the other side was cut out neatly to accomodate the new tailpipes. The C63 diffuser is a separate part which was ordered as part of a group buy. The diffuser is attached to the bottom half of the AMG bumper, which already came with the cut-outs to fit C55 tailpipes. I think a diffuser version was also done to take dual pipes i.e. C32.

If you get a good exhaust centre they can cut out the part of the bumper. I have not yet seen one that has been done badly. I use Longlife myself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom