Will DVDs made on a PC or DVD recorder play on MB system?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MHT223

Car
N/A
Are DVDs made on a PC or DVD recorder compatible with 2004 COMAND DVD player?

Hi,

I've got a 2004 S320L CDI with front and rear screens. I can put a DVD in the front screen and it plays in the back, but will it work for DVDs that have made on a PC? I cant try it as I dont have a DVD burner, but will definately buy one if it does. Or does anyone have experience of a DVD recorder that works?

I want to be able to get stuff of Sky+ and burn it to a DVD so that rear passengers can watch it on the move.

Many thanks,

Mark

Oh, this is a picture of the system if it helps...

sclass%20013.jpg

Last edited:
It should do...

I can only speak from experience of using a DVD setup in a Chrysler Voyager.

You might have to experiment with a few different media vendors.

The Voyager definitely preferred Verbatim discs.

I have a Toshiba Video/DVD recorder all in one and it does the job fine although you can't beat a PC for quality burns.

Sky+ films are often copy protected which will mean you need a copy protection "buster" box to mae a watchable copy - affected programs have a "c" against them in the guide...

How are you planning to do the transfer from Sky+ to PC?

Yes!

I've used DVD's for recording MP3's on and they work fine. As long as your video DVDs are coded in the same way as conventional DVDs they play no problem too.

I use DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink to move films from DVD to DVD-R. Any DVD burning package can burn the MP3's

masqueraid said:
Yes!

I've used DVD's for recording MP3's on and they work fine. As long as your video DVDs are coded in the same way as conventional DVDs they play no problem too.

I use DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink to move films from DVD to DVD-R. Any DVD burning package can burn the MP3's
Ditto

Great, thanks for the responses.

w124coupe said:
Sky+ films are often copy protected which will mean you need a copy protection "buster" box to mae a watchable copy - affected programs have a "c" against them in the guide...

How are you planning to do the transfer from Sky+ to PC?

The Sky+ signal if fed round the house to every TV and one of the TV points is next to the PC so that will be the feed for the PC TV tuner an will effectively be "Channel 6"

Mark

Slightly off topic but close :rolleyes: .

Can anyone recommend a software package that allows DVD copying?, something that can overlook copywriting etc ;) . I just want to duplicate my concert/music video DVDs so I have a set for my car and a set for my front room.

Thanks.

Portzy.

See DVD Decrypter/DVD-Shrink above both are free tiny downloads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom