Will electrics die before rest of car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David Bird

Car
Mercedes C200 stunning condition Rare Red 1999
Constantly hearing of electrical problems on cars .Manufacturers seem intent on car being taken back to main dealer for rectification . My newly aquired C200 appears tetchy and often refuses to release key fob from dash is this going to be problematic and costly . Can all this nonsense be bypassed .

Constantly hearing of electrical problems on cars .Manufacturers seem intent on car being taken back to main dealer for rectification . My newly aquired C200 appears tetchy and often refuses to release key fob from dash is this going to be problematic and costly . Can all this nonsense be bypassed .

doubt it really. As cars get older and worth less many bodges will be done to avoid these things, but you already see many late 90's and onwards cars driving around with warning lights flashing on the dash etc as its just not economically viable to fix properly.

i suspect electronics will scrap many cars in the future even if they are pretty much good cars, bodily and engine-wise, especially as MOT's get stricter with warning lights getting checked etc.

Just look at W220's and W215 models now - they pretty much all get broken for parts once at a certain age because of some sort of electronics failure

Yes,Yes and No! People should think very seriously about keeping any high end vehicle produced in the last 5 years outwith its 3 YEAR manufacturer warranty period IMHO. I feel the danger may be that ultimately that this will start to effect residuals on older cars as the years go by.

Hope so.

I can't wait until i can afford an E63 estate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom