Will Full Size Alloy Fit in Boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi Chaps, I have been considering replacing the space saver with a full size alloy but will it fit. My reason for asking this is because I did the same for my previous car (Rover 75) and the boot floor would not fit flush, it was sitting high as it was resting on the spare tyre. Many thanks Paul

Remove one of your alloys & swap it with your space saver and check, only way to be 100% sure :)

Normally the answer is "no" because the space saver spare is a lot slimmer than the standard tyres. - But as above, the best way to be sure is to check.

Maybe without the tray etc that normally sits on top (assuming it's a similar set-up to the CLK)?

Hi, I did the same for a 2004 E220, and put in a full sized spare wheel, but the spare wheel cover where you can put tools, underneath the hard boot panel, had to be removed.

I got a friend of mine to make a plywood panel the same as the one that comes in the car, with the boot carpet on it, and that sits on top of the new spare wheel.

The problem with the E-class, and I suspect it is the same as the C-class, is that the under panel has a well pressed into it, and this well sits down into the space saving spare wheel. You have to take it away because the well doesn't sit in a full sized spare wheel when you put the under panel back in.

In fairness, I don't really care that it's not in the car, it is in my garage. And you dont notice that there is nothing under the carpeted boot panel except a piece of plywood.

parkman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom