Will I regret keeping my CLS 320CDI?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife has a C320 CDI. This car 4 miles a day mon to fri. I give it a good Italian tune up at the weekend. It's run fine for 30k with no issues apart from glow plugs and relay.
Keep the CLS , it's unique and dam awesome compared to the other rubbish on the road.

+ 1 for keeping the CLS they are lovely cars and look stunning.. are you sure you particular car HAS a DPF? I my old CLS didn't ..you can tell if it has have a look at the tailpipes and if they are blackened then no DPF is fitted if they are clean and shiny then you have a DPF.

As others have said as long as you do a 20ml run say every 1000mls then you wont have any problems.

Good Luck with it

Alfie

The car is 2009 but it does get blackened pipes so may I do not have one?

Today (seperate post) the engine light came on so have just asked if anyone knows what might be wrong?

Keep the CLS they are great cars. The only thing I don't like on the CLS are the head lights. Lovely V6 clean mean diesel machine.

The car is 2009 but it does get blackened pipes so may I do not have one?

Today (seperate post) the engine light came on so have just asked if anyone knows what might be wrong?

That's good news...if the tailpipes get blackened then its certain you don't have a DPF, another VERY good reason to keep that car.:thumb:

Alfie

ALFIEBEARD said:
+ 1 for keeping the CLS they are lovely cars and look stunning.. are you sure you particular car HAS a DPF? I my old CLS didn't ..you can tell if it has have a look at the tailpipes and if they are blackened then no DPF is fitted if they are clean and shiny then you have a DPF. As others have said as long as you do a 20ml run say every 1000mls then you wont have any problems. Good Luck with it Alfie
I've been told the dpf also acts as a silencer in regards to engine noise.. Is this true?

I've been told the dpf also acts as a silencer in regards to engine noise.. Is this true?

Not really its well before the silencers so wont make much difference in noise.

Alfie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom