Will it run on my PC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SGCW124

Car
W124 estate
Christmas is coming, & I hear a conversation on a train the other day aboutr a gaming related site you can log on with all the PC games in it, the site will tell you if a certain game will run on your own PC I guess it runs a test on your PC but dammned if I can recall the sites name, which serves me right for earwigging I suppose:crazy:

ring any bells anyone?

Steve

Windows Games Advisor but it doesn't cover everything. Always make a note of your system specifications, especially memory and graphics card before shopping. The box (or even the manufacturers' websites) will list this minimum you need to run the game - bear in mind that if you have the minimum that just means the game will run on your box - it gives no guarantees of how well.

And also makes no allowances for anything else you might be running at the same time ;)

modern high spec games are very resource hungry - if you are looking at a new / expensive shoot-e-mup 1st person game - and your PC is over 2 years old, forget it. Or go buy 2 gig of ram and a 500 quid graphics card ;)

Or so I have been told - im not a gamer.

What ever it says on the back of the box /mimimum specs...double it, then turn off your AV/Spysweper, etc to play.

As Guy says, you will need a decent processor, Graphics card, and loads of RAM.

Always worth checking the PC specs on the game manufature's web site....

Don't always believe what it says on the box check the gaming forums first. Some software gaming houses do not always test their products with certain hardware.. You may have a fancy graphics card and the latest drivers and it will still not work. Then you spend 3 weeks rolling back your drivers to suit.

guydewdney said:
modern high spec games are very resource hungry - if you are looking at a new / expensive shoot-e-mup 1st person game - and your PC is over 2 years old, forget it. Or go buy 2 gig of ram and a 500 quid graphics card ;)

Or so I have been told - im not a gamer.

Or go and buy an X-Box 360 :D

Surely you meant a Wii? 179 fishy things and you get Wii Sports, a wireless controller and a nunchuck controller...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom