Will it snow Winter 2011?

Will it snow enough to be a problem this Winter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
As a follow on from another thread I thought we should have a poll to check back against later.

Will it snow heavily enough to be a problem this Winter, before the end of the year or in the New Year.

Poll to run for one week only.

Place your bets...

Shame on you Sp!ke ... :ban:

I ticked all the options too but then backed out ...

I didnt cheat - Dieselman let me.

will it snow enough to cause a problem

I do have to laugh at the amount of snow that drops in England it causes huge amounts of delays or schools getting closed same with airports etc its usually a piddley amount of 2/3 inches every thing has ground to a halt remarkable , i remember years ago we drove from Sheffield to Leek in Staffs a wee bit of snow about an inch when we got to Leek there was a Policeman standing in the middle of the road with a road closed sign he had just put up asked where we came from told him Sheffield realy cor so you must be used to it then, where you come from Scotland we said, ah that explains a lot you have lots more snow that us.
Take last year 24 degrees below often, occassionally 27 below now thats what i call cold , as for the snow we didnt have a great deal about a foot for a few days an that was it .
Looks like a mild winter me thinks all the signs of it so far.

Poll closes tomorrow Guys...Place your bets..

Where's the option - 'I don't give a monkey's! If it does it does, if it doesn't, I won't loose any sleep over it!'

I see it's almost balanced, but slightly in favour of the optimists (or pessimists if you dread snow)

Optimism / Pessimism and like/dislike of snow are independent variables:D

I do have to laugh at the amount of snow that drops in England it causes huge amounts of delays or schools getting closed same with airports etc its usually a piddley amount of 2/3 inches every thing has ground to a halt remarkable , i remember years ago we drove from Sheffield to Leek in Staffs a wee bit of snow about an inch when we got to Leek there was a Policeman standing in the middle of the road with a road closed sign he had just put up asked where we came from told him Sheffield realy cor so you must be used to it then, where you come from Scotland we said, ah that explains a lot you have lots more snow that us.
Take last year 24 degrees below often, occassionally 27 below now thats what i call cold , as for the snow we didnt have a great deal about a foot for a few days an that was it .
Looks like a mild winter me thinks all the signs of it so far.

I'm going to Budapest again this christmas, and while I'm there I'm going to take photos of how well people cope there. Nothing stops in the snow or freezing cold, in a -21C blizzard - 30-year old Ikarus buses ploughing on with icicles hanging from the front, lorries making deliveries, trains and trams running as normal, roads full of cars (even though they're hardly gritted).

http://image.shutterstock.com/displ...-in-budapest-at-winter-with-snow-71103685.jpg
http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get...dapest-Tram-Photo-Pictures-Images-PWP7080.jpg
http://www.centraleasteurope.com/kepek/villamos_becsi.jpg

I mean, would London still function with snow like this: Ikarus 280 in big snow at Budapest - YouTube (and, yes, it is a bendy bus in a blizzard on a road covered with ice and snow)

I don't think England would cope that well. Budapest even do something special for christmas:

(Do have a look - it is unique): budapest christmas tram - Google Search

So lets hope we don't have as much snow as Hungary:

Hungary-A-snow-plough-wor-011.jpg

Last edited:
No real snow - hard frosts and ice though IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom