Will it snow Winter 2011?

Will it snow enough to be a problem this Winter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
May I suggest a VBulletin addon - maybe a "Dislike" button?

No, a public "Dislike post" button would be much better :)

No, a public "Dislike post" button would be much better :)

What, like an emoticon of, say, a foot being stamped, or a toy and pram, or :( :eek: :rolleyes: :dk: :thumb:

It probably comes down to experience of coping with the conditions and how the country runs normally. My guess is that over the years of communist rule people have learned 1. patience 2. self reliance 3. how to wait 4. do with very little. Contrast this with the hordes of commuters in this country disgorged onto the roads every day on summer tyres equipped with a credit card to clear their windscreen.

Wow clearing windscreens that's a novelty down south. I've seen plenty driving around with a letterbox to look out of and I'm not just talking about snow but frosty conditions which we do see.:wallbash: As for the amount of tw^ts who drive with 3 or 4" of snow on the roof don't get me started.:doh:

Wow clearing windscreens that's a novelty down south. I've seen plenty driving around with a letterbox to look out of and I'm not just talking about snow but frosty conditions which we do see.:wallbash: As for the amount of tw^ts who drive with 3 or 4" of snow on the roof don't get me started.:doh:

They obviously drive too slowly.

When I were a youngster, one day the school bus driver had only cleared a couple of small patches of ice off the windscreen, which meant he didn't see the parked lorry we ploughed into the back of.

No need to de-ice the windscreen then, as there wasn't one to clear.

Oops...

As a follow on from another thread I thought we should have a poll to check back against later.

Will it snow heavily enough to be a problem this Winter, before the end of the year or in the New Year.

Forecast for Thur/Fri looks quite harsh for the south of England.

Great poll Will.

We've had some snow, remarkably little in fact.

However, it did drop below 7c on numerous occasions and I was woefull under prepared with my conti sport 3 tyres, which are not cold weather tyres. It was very selfish and reckless of me to venture out when it was 4c without fitting tyres designed to do this, its a miracle I am alive and I did not kill or injure anyone in my disgusting behavior.

Can't say my Kumhos gave me any real problems in the weather we have had so far.

Maybe I have lighter shoes ...

Yesterday I removed my winter tyres.

So if it now snows heavily in the Midlands, you know who to blame.

My Kumhos (well, 3 are - one's a just legal Continental I'm getting replaceD) served me well - excellent grip on icy roads - not bad for a car as heavy as mine!

Edit: @Sp!ke - I win!

I have KU39's on the back, and conti 3's on the front. The KU39's came last in this tyre test, but they seem reasonably good to me and brilliant for what I paid for them. They are wearing nicely so will get another year out of them.

I have KU39's on the back, and conti 3's on the front. The KU39's came last in this tyre test, but they seem reasonably good to me and brilliant for what I paid for them. They are wearing nicely so will get another year out of them.
Another vote for Kumho, I've bought quite a few down years and find them an excellent compromise. My Corvette has done about 13000miles on a set of Ecsta Sports and they still have 3-4mm left. I have no idea what they are like in the snow!

They're good, and take ages to wear. Drive my car a lot, apparently it 'eats through tyres' yet haven't had to change the Kumhos yet! Still well within legal limits. Good grip, too, like I said

Kumho KU31s are so bad that I fitted a set of them onto JSWMBO's VW Golf last month ...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom