Will it start?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JumboBeef

Car
W124 E220 Estate Auto
Back on the 17th Dec, I parked the W124 and started using the Disco because of snow. Since then, we have had temps of -9C at night and lots and lots of snow.

There is a W124-shaped snow lump on the drive which has been there 12 days. I am going to dig it out today, but the question is: will it start?

my money is on yes, first time, provided your battery is not 4 years old or so.

so what sthe answer?

My money's on a slightly flat battery, thats what my W210's done.

This is the ice block this morning (it is currently -1C).

Attachments

• icy_w124.jpg
    icy_w124.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 135
Will start on the first turn :D

Went out to her, chipped the ice away from around the door so I could get it.

Key in, turn key and..............

......vroooom. As soon as the key is turned, she's away :thumb:

Never doubted it
pinocchio.gif

:D

I will be sad to see her go (I'll be selling her in the next month or two, due to the fact I bought her as a motorway mile cruncher but now I rarely do the miles any more).

Went out to her, chipped the ice away from around the door so I could get it.

Key in, turn key and..............

......vroooom. As soon as the key is turned, she's away :thumb:

Never doubted it
pinocchio.gif

:D

I will be sad to see her go (I'll be selling her in the next month or two, due to the fact I bought her as a motorway mile cruncher but now I rarely do the miles any more).
:bannana::bannana::bannana:

Bingo! Not many posts on here about 124's playing up in the cold weather.

Last edited:
As long as you don't have an alarm draining the battery , cars can be left a very long time .

Did the same with the 280SE , after it standing for about a month , about 2 seconds cranking , then Vroooom !

my car is regularly parked for 3 or four weeks including from the 3rd to 23rd December, so when I picked it up it was under 6 inches of snow.
So far it has never let me down, ironically the battery gave out in the summer when I was using the car every day:crazy:

Call that snow it looks more like a hard frost. I had to get about 8 inches off the SLK last week and yes it did start straight away which did surprise me as it was only the second time since i sorned it on the 1st.

Alan

Call that snow it looks more like a hard frost.

That was the aftermath. It had spent more than a week completely covered in snow: we've had a lot in Cumbria.

Cumbria Jumbo? Did you get much ? We always seem to miss out over here but got a fair amount this time.Ive just read on Ceefax about people getting airlifted off the A66 last night due to drifting and yet it's nearly all gone here.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom