will S class 18" wheels fit on my w210 saloon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulHVD

Banned
Car
did e220cdi
Hi Folks.

I've just bought some s class wheels for my e220 cdi w210, bit of a last minute bargain on the bay and i'm fed up with looking at mine now.

Just wondering if they will fit.

245/45/18 on the fronts and
265/40/18 on the rear

Wheels are in ok shape, going to give them a good clean/clay and polish/seal tomorrow, all are wrapped in goodyear eagle f1 tyres with minimum 5 mm tread.

its the same wheels as these but in better nick than these.
Google Images

Cheers Paul

Did you check the offset on the allowheelsdirect.com fitting chart? Check the stickies in the wheels and tyres section.

Normally S class wheel have a very high offset, 40+ wheres E class need a lower offset for tyres that wide, 25-30.

I think you may find they rub on the inside of the wheel arch.

If you'll already bought them, you'll find out whether they work or not when they arrive.

If there is a difference in the diameter of the wheels compared with what you have now you may need to get your speedo re-calibrated, and get an appropriate spare, or carry some tyre weld.

Did you check the offset on the allowheelsdirect.com fitting chart? Check the stickies in the wheels and tyres section.

Normally S class wheel have a very high offset, 40+ wheres E class need a lower offset for tyres that wide, 25-30.

I think you may find they rub on the inside of the wheel arch.

If you'll already bought them, you'll find out whether they work or not when they arrive.

If there is a difference in the diameter of the wheels compared with what you have now you may need to get your speedo re-calibrated, and get an appropriate spare, or carry some tyre weld.

Many thanks for you advise ;-) :thumb:

I did have a quick look on the link, think to profile is a little big.

I picked the wheels up this evening, so giving them a good clean tomorrow first and then trying them, might be a case of getting some different size tyres I think.

tried the wheels today well 1 of the fronts first, the tyre was hitting on the drop link arm off the shock to the lower arm.

Think i'm going to try and get some w211 wheels instead of buying 4 new tyres just to fit these.

The wheels and excellent tyres will be going up for sale when I have enough posts to place an advert.

For sale is these lovely Mercedes S class and CL difda alloys.

The wheels are very clean with the usual light curbing around the edges but with tyres on it doesn't notice as much.

The fronts are
8jx18h2et44
and the rears are
9jx18h2et46

The rims are true and straight no buckles or bends or any major deep marks that can't be sorted with a light refurb.

DSCF2775.jpg

DSCF2776.jpg

DSCF2777.jpg

DSCF2778.jpg

DSCF2779.jpg

DSCF2782.jpg

DSCF2783.jpg

DSCF2786.jpg

DSCF2787.jpg

DSCF2788.jpg

DSCF2780.jpg

DSCF2781.jpg

DSCF2784.jpg

DSCF2785.jpg

DSCF2793.jpg

DSCF2792.jpg

DSCF2790.jpg

DSCF2791.jpg

and heres the tyres

DSCF2762.jpg

goodyear eagle f1 265/40/18 with 6mm tread,

DSCF2764.jpg

DSCF2765.jpg

DSCF2766.jpg

Goodyear excellence 245/45/18 again 6mm

DSCF2767.jpg

DSCF2768.jpg

DSCF2769.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
A full set of new Markab wheels for a W211 on My Homepage - £600, probably fit a W210, check in back of handbook, they are 17x8.5" ET38. Would look great.

Whether they fit or not has very little to do with the section of the tyres, and a lot do with the offset of the rims.

I would strongly suggest you check the offset of any other rims you buy and check them against the fitting chart.

At very least, use the following link to see what effect the change in offset will have.

Wheel Offset Calculator

Also, what size are the 8 hole wheels currently on the car?

Whether they fit or not has very little to do with the section of the tyres, and a lot do with the offset of the rims.

I would strongly suggest you check the offset of any other rims you buy and check them against the fitting chart.

At very least, use the following link to see what effect the change in offset will have.

Wheel Offset Calculator

Also, what size are the 8 hole wheels currently on the car?

The current wheels are 16's, I only purchased the s class wheels as I saw them on another w210 in silver currently on ebay and thought they looked really nice.

I will have a ready up about what wheels will/will not fit on the car next time ;-P :doh: like a women impulse buy.....

Thats why its called evilbay!, well, that and the horrific listing fee/commision charges.

You'll probably get your money back on them if you sell them on though. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

If you can, try and drive a similar car with the 18s first. I bought some 18s for my W140 and within a week switched back to 16s as they totally destroyed the ride. don't forget that to keep the same diameter wheel, you'll be losing that 2" in the side wall of the tyre. Also, going significantly wider will add a lot of rolling resistance, which will translate into better grip, but less mpg. It all depends whats important to you, looks and grip, or ride quality and mpg?

If you want to change the overall diameter of the wheel (i.e. large diameter rim, same ammount of side wall), just be sure to get an appropriate spare of the same diameter, or make other provisions such as tyre weld etc, and check your speedometer against a satnav or similar to make sure it's within spec.

Hi guys! anyone have DIFDA alloy wheel for sale??? Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom