Will standard wheel bolts take 15mm spacers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W4SIM

Banned
Car
S55 AMG Kompressor
Hi all

As the title suggests really, looking at getting some 15mm spacers on the front, just wanted to know if the standard bolts are long enough or wether to get longer ones?

The car is question is a 2004 S55 AMG.

Thanks.

Hi all

As the title suggests really, looking at getting some 15mm spacers on the front, just wanted to know if the standard bolts are long enough or wether to get longer ones?

The car is question is a 2004 S55 AMG.

Thanks.

Think about it...15mm spacers would mean 15mm less holding on your wheels...so you would need 15mm longer bolts.

That's if you do it. The question is why? Wont it look unbalanced?

Then there's the question of loads on suspension components etc...doesn't sound a sensible thing to do. If you want the look then you would need wider wheels to balance what sticks out with more sticking in (if you see what I mean).

That's if you do it. The question is why?

You seem to feel quite strongly against this, but thats the question i dont wana answer.

Coz if you knew what i was REALLY attempting to do then either you'll think im an engineering genius, or more probably, need to be locked up in a in Broadmoor!!!

....... you'll think im an engineering genius............!!!

Not asking questions like this :D

The bolts only go in a little over 15mm anyway, I am sure you will be aware of this.
Getting loger bolts is easy enough, but running with spacers puts loads on the chassis and suspension that it was not designed for, as said above.
Also, keeping the wheel concentric with spacer can be tricky, they would need to be machined very carefully...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom