Will The C63 Get the 5.5v8 ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davycaslad

Car
C 320 cdi sport
Just wanting to know has anyone heard or seem any news .

I heard once that they said there was not enough room to put the 5.5v8 turbo in. But as they have put it in the SLK for 2012 maybe they could put it in a C63.

In a word no, the 5.5 V8 in the SLK isn't turbocharged it's a brand new naturally aspirated V8.

The bi turbo V8 doesn't fit which is a shame but probably stops the C63 or SLK55 from treading on the toes of the E/CLS/SL/S/CL63's.

In a word no, the 5.5 V8 in the SLK isn't turbocharged it's a brand new naturally aspirated V8.

The bi turbo V8 doesn't fit which is a shame but probably stops the C63 or SLK55 from treading on the toes of the E/CLS/SL/S/CL63's.

More like stamping on their toes. :D

The c63 retains the current 6.3 v8 for now.

I read that the 5.5 V8 going into the SLK will be the turbocharged engine, sans two turbos.

I doubt that the omission of turbos has anything to do with "fitting" more to do with performance differential. I suspect it was the same with the W203 C55, W209 CLK55, R171 SLK55 - the 'old' supercharged engine would have fitted.

I read that the 5.5 V8 going into the SLK will be the turbocharged engine, sans two turbos.

I doubt that the omission of turbos has anything to do with "fitting" more to do with performance differential. I suspect it was the same with the W203 C55, W209 CLK55, R171 SLK55 - the 'old' supercharged engine would have fitted.

Much in the same way that the Boxter/Cayman are fitted with "less powerful" engines so as not to steal potential 911 sales..

Wonder how much a Kleeman conversion costs for mine.. hmmm.

Cheers,

Gaz

Wonder how much a Kleeman conversion costs for mine.. hmmm.

Gaz, official prices for Supercharger conversion (550 HP/718 NM) in December 2005: £10,495 for parts; £1,495 for fitting; all PLUS VAT

Muchos Pesetas!! But not as muchos as new SLK55 with a 100bhp cherry on top ;)

Gaz, official prices for Supercharger conversion (550 HP/718 NM) in December 2005: £10,495 for parts; £1,495 for fitting; all PLUS VAT

Muchos Pesetas!! But not as muchos as new SLK55 with a 100bhp cherry on top ;)

Ha! Like that's ever happening. But 550HP.. :devil: It'd never be pointing the right way..

Cheers,

Gaz

The older one is hardly a slouch, this sort of power in an SLK must be really fun,although I agree, imagine what a 5.5 bi turbo version with the performance pack would be like:devil:.

Can you imagine if all that start/stop cylinder shut off malarky actually worked and V8's could achieve an average of 30mpg?

It works in the 300C already - I understand they are working on getting it going with the turbos.

Finger's crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom