Will the price of Diesel reduce?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

After sifting through the fuel thread..

I want to ask some of you folk whether you think the price of diesel will decrease.

Me personally? I cannot see it happening for some time.

My father rang me today to tell me it cost him near enough £110...

its crazy..

I doubt it for some time...

once it goes up very rarely comes down..we just keep paying

not much choice really :(

Diesel is no longer just a fuel but a political football.
I will stick my neck out and suggest it will be around £1.50 a litre by October.

no it will not.... funny thing was i was in the states last week and there are huge protests as their fuel has just gone up to the $4 a gallon mark.... i wish we payed that... car manufacturers are shaking in their boots over there.. what will they do with all these humungous trucks...

'what will they do with all these humungous trucks...
Sell them to the Chinese who have created this problem with their plundering of the oil markets.

Toyota Yaris sales have increased 47% in the states...

they are even looking at smart cars!!!!

The days of the twin cab dualy pickups maybe numbered over there. Sad as I love the american cars.

no it will not.... funny thing was i was in the states last week and there are huge protests as their fuel has just gone up to the $4 a gallon mark.... i wish we payed that... car manufacturers are shaking in their boots over there.. what will they do with all these humungous trucks...
I'm in the US at the moment and the news is saying the average price of petrol is $3.61, but, unlike the UK, there are big variations from garage to garage and some places are nudging $4.

On diesel specifically, that seems to be typically around $4.50 and apparently it's already hitting the sales of diesel cars (which must be bad news for MB as they're really ramping their diesel efforts in the US).

The days of the twin cab dualy pickups maybe numbered over there.

And rightly so, why people want to drive these things around suburbia is beyond me...

Supersize cars for supersize people??

Ade

You earn your money, pay your taxes and then you can stuff what's left down the front of your Y fronts and sing Cliff Richards Summer Holiday if you so wish. Always somebody queuing up to condemn some one who does something they don't do.

I love the American cars

I dont see why they should down size

"And rightly so, why people want to drive these things around suburbia is beyond me..."

its like someone saying why do you need a 3.0L car??

Choice and FREEDOM of choice thats why...

I love the American cars

I dont see why they should down size

"And rightly so, why people want to drive these things around suburbia is beyond me..."

its like someone saying why do you need a 3.0L car??

Choice and FREEDOM of choice thats why...

And thats worth fighting for BTW

What I clearly fail to understand is why the cars exist, I have no problem with trucks, 4x4s, huge engines etc. however I don't see the point of an evil handling enormous, ugly, thirsty and 'utility' vehicle, which may go to the local diy store once a month.

Don't read this as a rant against ML owners or fat people, or Americans - nor are the above necessarily linked.

Ade

Last edited:
Quote "Don't read this as a rant against ML owners or fat people."

Good job as it wouldn't look good for me, not fat (but 6ft 2 and 18stone... ooh and a big petrol ML :)

:)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... often wonder why the most popular car for years in the USA is Toyota's Camry.......Drove my mothers.......and saw why...a Japanese US car...no wonder it never took off in EU..

What I clearly fail to understand is why the cars exist, I have no problem with trucks, 4x4s, huge engines etc. however I don't see the point of an evil handling enormous, ugly, thirsty and pointless 'utility' vehicle, which may go to the local diy store once a month.

Don't read this as a rant against ML owners or fat people, or Americans - nor are the above necessarily linked.

Ade

Plenty of people do though, rightly or wrongly. Its their money they are wasting IMO.

I see it a bit like people who will pay £100 for a bottle of wine in a s****y restaurant, when one that costs £20 will be just as nice. Their hard earned, their choices.

A lot of Yanks have a far better life style than us, especially when it comes to relaxation time. They move around scrambler bikes, snow mobiles, surf boards, camping gear and need a four seater with a nice flat bed behind for such items. The self employed builders , plumbers and electricians over there use them instead of the White van favoured by us Brits.

A lot of Yanks have a far better life style than us, especially when it comes to relaxation time. They move around scrambler bikes, snow mobiles, surf boards, camping gear and need a four seater with a nice flat bed behind for such items. The self employed builders , plumbers and electricians over there use them instead of the White van favoured by us Brits.

Trailer?

Works for me.

Ade

Who would take a nice bottle of wine over an ugly 'ute anytime... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom