Will these fit and does anyone want some 18" bone shakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seb414

Car
CLK 63 cab
Hi all,

I have a 2005 350clk. It has 18" wheels with 7.5j(225) on the front and 8.5j(255) on the rear. The wheels look great with continental tyres but the ride is very noisy and uncomfortable.

Every bump in the road is amplified thru the car and where I live there are more bumps than road.

I have found some wheels that are all 7.5j 225 45 r 17.

Does anyone know if they will improve the ride quality and if narrower tyre look OK on the back?

Many thanks.

You need to check if they'll go over the brakes.... I'm not sure if the 350 has the same discs as the 500/55.. if it does they wont fit as my 55 will only take 18's upwards due to the huge brakes....

You need to check if they'll go over the brakes.... I'm not sure if the 350 has the same discs as the 500/55.. if it does they wont fit as my 55 will only take 18's upwards due to the huge brakes....

Not sure about the brakes as mine has the sport pack brakes (bigger brembo calipers and drilled discs) with 17 AMG wheels, same width as the 18 inch ones. 7.5 x 17 front and 8.5 x 17 back i think....Depends if the 55 has bigger brakes i guess...I doubt the SLK 350 brakes are any bigger than my sport pack brakes are they?? Probably the same....

What wheels are on your SLK?? I might swap with you if they are AMG ones.....

seb414

What 18 inchers do you have? What is the ET Front & Rear? Are they drilled for M12 or M14 bolts? I will be interested. If you PM me I will give you and e-mail address for sending some pictures.

Last edited:
Hi many thanks for the replies.

Its a CLK and they are the multispoke wheels that come as an option.

It doesnt say AMG on them though so I dont know.

Hi all,

I have a 2005 350clk. It has 18" wheels with 7.5j(225) on the front and 8.5j(255) on the rear. The wheels look great with continental tyres but the ride is very noisy and uncomfortable.

Every bump in the road is amplified thru the car and where I live there are more bumps than road.

I have found some wheels that are all 7.5j 225 45 r 17.

Does anyone know if they will improve the ride quality and if narrower tyre look OK on the back?

Many thanks.

Email me and we can discuss as i might swap mine for yours if you like mine.... [email protected]

Have you thought about changing your tyres? Even a slight increase can reduce can improve the ride comfort .

Have you thought about changing your tyres? Even a slight increase can reduce can improve the ride comfort .

A tyre with a softer sidewall will help...had Bridgestone RE040 when I first had my CLK 500 on 18"......ride hard...switched to Vredestein Sessanta...ride has improved noticably...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom