Will These Wheels Fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
This is a duplicate post; I've already posted in the Sticky thread above, but I'd like to get maximum coverage; I hope the mods won't mind.

I just can't, try as I have, quite get my head around offsets on wheels. Hence this question:

I'm looking at a set of 18" wheels for the '03 E500 estate, currently on OE (Yilduz) 17" wheels with 245/45/17 tyres. . They're off a GLC, I rather think, and the size is 18 x 8 with an ET of 38. The only OE fitment with that offset in the Alloy Wheels Direct chart is a 17 x 8.5; the S211 OE 18 x 8s have an offset of 30. Will the GLC wheels, with 245/40/18 tyres (OE size on OE 18" alloys) fit ok, or should I just give up on them?

Sorted - probably. Using the On Screen Wheel Offset Calculator sticky above, the ET 38 18" wheels with 245/40/18 tyres will be an almost exact fit for mine (the speedo will read 0.2% low, but I can live with that).

The only thing I wonder about is, why did MB go for a different offset between the 17" and 18" wheels (38 and 30 respectively) with the same width standard tyre fitment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom