Will this Nav Unit work with my Comand DVD APS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisk942

Car
E350 Estate
I have just bought an E350 Petrol sport (DOR January 2006) which has had the Nav unit in the rear taken out by the previous owner so the rado / comand (Option 527 Comand DVD with APS) thingy doesnt work.

I have managed to source a Navigation processor a load cheaper than MB want but before I commit myself can someone please check for me that this unit Part Number A 211 870 10 85 / Date of Manufacture 12/07 will work with what I have already got installed

I joined MB's online parts EPC and that shows when I input my VIN number that I need part number A211 870 8926 but I can't find any of that part number available on the web

Thanks in advance for your help

Yippee ! There's a good chance it will work then :bannana:

Thanks for help, will report back when it arrives

There are only 2 trivial issues to be aware of
a) If the nav processor you put in has had a much newer map disk than the one you are trying, it may need you to put a newer disk in. However I suspect that you will use whatever map comes in it so that wont be an issue.
b) Ideally the unit should be coded to tell it it is in a W211/W219/R171 rather than a W220/W215/W230 (but it will work, may just not be as accurate as it could be). Given there are a lot more W211W219 than 220/215/230 chances are it is coded right in anycase.

Richard

Unit arrived complete with 2007 Nav disc inside so I plugged it all up. I was a bit worried as the aerial cable looked a different colour, but, took a couple of minutes to slide into the cage thng and connect up the plugs and ...................Yippee it all works !!!

Another little problem........... in the meantime.........My 14yo son who was sat in drivers seat while I was in the boot connnecting cables. In his haste to fiddle with stuff put a spare DVD Nav disc into the headunit and I can't find any way of ejecting it. The SatNav head unit says DVD disk error. Is there any way I can fish this disk out and get the DVD to work now

Thanks again for for everyone's help

Middle button on the row of buttons under the screen.

Thanks Npuk, all safely out and back in dvd case. Been pressing a few more buttons and found I've got a CD changer under there too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom