WIM Alignment - dangerous?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itsjiggy

Car
CLS 2008 CDI Facelift
Have had a full geo done. After hearing a lot of positive on the forums.
However, is it just me or does the car feel slightly unnatural after this geo?
I have had many mercedes and they all pull to the left more than other cars. This company of course claim they can eliminate this. Well - I don't think they can. As the car can still pull to the left due to road camber, depending how severe, but the unnatural thing is that it can now veer to the right at times which is quite frankly dangerous. Anyone else experienced this? Or is it just something that takes getting used to?
I have had it back to them to double check and they are happy with the settings they have made.

When I had my car aligned by Tony, he did warn me that the car will response in a sharper way and that I should take corners slowly at first until I get used to it.

But all in all every car I took to him came out much better to drive, so I can't fault him and his team - my experience has been that they know what they are doing.

If you go back to them I am sure that they will be happy to address any issues or concerns.

HTH.

No alignment will be able to deal with excessive road camber, they cannot defy physics.

I had my E class aligned by them and have no complaints car does not pull either way on most roads and my tyres are even in terms of wear. My setup is slightly different as it is set for straight line high speed, may sound like a stupid question but are you sure it's not road camber you are experiencing? If you were experiencing a pull to the left from your previous setup a road that fell of to the right would feel almost neutral, it will now fall to the right like most cars do.

My C63 was a totally different car after Tony fixed the alignment that a dealer could not do. As mentioned road camber is a fact of life so we have to live with it. Just talk to Tony and I am sure he will help you get the outcome you want.
Kamal

I'd rather my car drove perfectly straight on a flat surface and I correct which ever camber I am on with my steering inout.

It's not like we drive on Nascar bowls all the time.

WIM gets good feedback - I'd give them a call as you are obviously not as happy as they'd like you to be.

I shift between cars of very different geometries on a very regular basis and notice the difference each time. If you have become used to a set up which is then changed, you will notice it, and you need time to adapt yourself accordingly. I have had one of my cars done at WIM (and bought another whose fantastic suspension had been set up by WIM) and it made a considerable difference, and once familiar I was absolutely happy. If you really feel it to be wrong, however much the geometries say otherwise, take it back and go through what you don't like, and no doubt they can dial back the adjustments 'til you are happy.

Just call Tony to discuss your concerns, all my cars go there and he's miles away from me but the only one I have found that can truly do the geometry with no BS, I trust him 110% on the cars I have had done it definitely sharpens the car which takes a bit of adjusting to. :thumb:

No probs...over-riding advice is to go back...
I have already been back once, so didn't really want to again. But will give them a call.

To clarify, previously it pulled left on normal roads which do tend to camber to the left. But on a straight road would go straight. Now, on a straight road, it pulls right. And when you have roads with a touch of reverse camber, which is unexpected, then it pulls right unexpectedly, hence why I described as dangerous - when you guys say the handling is sharper - what do you mean by this?

My personal view was I wanted my car as tightly as possible in MB spec for alignment, and not specific correcting for pulling that you and many report, and mine was pulling left big time. I put my foot on the go pedal and it wants to shoot straight, unless there is a noticeable camber.

Hope you get it adjusted to your satisfaction - if anyone can it is WIM in my opinion.

Kamal

My personal view was I wanted my car as tightly as possible in MB spec for alignment, and not specific correcting for pulling that you and many report, and mine was pulling left big time. I put my foot on the go pedal and it wants to shoot straight, unless there is a noticeable camber.

Hope you get it adjusted to your satisfaction - if anyone can it is WIM in my opinion.

Kamal

Yeah with mine, they said if I took to Merc, they would tell me these settings are wrong, and that they set up to their own settings, which in fact are outside Merc tolerance. So maybe that is why there is a problem. Either way it is annoying, as had to pay for extra bolts etc, to make this happen, which most likely I didn't need.

don't get me wrong, their reputation speaks for itself as all the people on here talk about. But the way my car ended up, just doesn't feel right. So wanted to work out if others had also had this experience.

I had to have an adjuster bolt too and without it wouldn't even make MB spec, check out my other threads as I documented this quite well about 2 years ago - MB had 3 goes at fixing mine and failed! WIM on the other hand resolved to my satisfaction in 1 trip and within 1 hour.

My C63 doesn't go anywhere else for alignment - I know Tony and team will always make me a satisfied customer and at a reasonable price. I think you have to be clear on what you want exactly and sometimes you can't have everything you want.

Kamal

I had to have an adjuster bolt too and without it wouldn't even make MB spec, check out my other threads as I documented this quite well about 2 years ago - MB had 3 goes at fixing mine and failed! WIM on the other hand resolved to my satisfaction in 1 trip and within 1 hour.

My C63 doesn't go anywhere else for alignment - I know Tony and team will always make me a satisfied customer and at a reasonable price. I think you have to be clear on what you want exactly and sometimes you can't have everything you want.

Kamal

Yeah - I have seen all your threads about them.
No probs, guess I will go back and see what they can do.

Dispite all the great feedback on here and other sites , i had really bad service with wim and would never use them again tbh tony was away and some other guy just fobed me off with some crap excuse basicly because it was going to take longer than the hour time slot they allow for each car .
Each to there own but when i pay £120 for my car to be alligned i expect it to be done not half finished and told to come back another day oh yer and make the 200 mile round trip again . Total pants service

Dispite all the great feedback on here and other sites , i had really bad service with wim and would never use them again tbh tony was away and some other guy just fobed me off with some crap excuse basicly because it was going to take longer than the hour time slot they allow for each car .
Each to there own but when i pay £120 for my car to be alligned i expect it to be done not half finished and told to come back another day oh yer and make the 200 mile round trip again . Total pants service

I respect your point of view, as you say you clearly didn't get the same service I did, a terrible shame.
Kamal

kamalpatel12448 said:
I respect your point of view, as you say you clearly didn't get the same service I did, a terrible shame.
Kamal

Your right kamal , feefback on wim is very good after reading couple of other unhappy customers reviews its seem problems occur when tony is not there .
In the end i took it to a local merc indie at brands hatch and he got it right straight away and did a fantastic job so in the end all was well .

I think you should make some allowances for the circumstances that kept Tony away from his business.

Last edited:
markjay said:
I think you should make some allowances for the circumstances that kept Tony away from his business.

Lol a stag do . Fair play to him . I have no problem with that . But my comments are only about the service i got and credit to wim i can see loads of great feedback compared to bad , but the guy who done my allignment was not truthfull to me and gave bad advice and that does not equal good service to me .

Lol a stag do . Fair play to him .
I'm pretty certain Markjay wasn't referring to that, but rather a particular personal tragedy that befell him :(

st13phil said:
I'm pretty certain Markjay wasn't referring to that, but rather a particular personal tragedy that befell him :(

Sorry to hear that i meant no offence .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom