Win7: Screen Shots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I need some help... I quite like win7's screen shot utility (snip), but need something that lets me take multiple screen shots without saving each one individually.

i.e. I want to be able to press the print-screen button 3 times, and have 3 pictures saved in a folder somewhere...

Any ideas as to a tool I could use? (ideally free)

You've sorted your problem for today, but you might want to also look at SnagIt for the future. an awesome screengrab program.

We all use Microsoft ONENote for screen captures and team notebooks. Lots of other features included in it.

Not sure what Snagit offers for £40 that the free one doesn't do?

cheers!

I don't know because I have never used the free one, but (off the top of my head):
grab screen, window, menu or area including scrolled or over-sized screens or menus
Autoname and save, edit, annotate
Plug-ins for word, Framemanker, etc that put the grab straight into the document you are editing
loads more...

SnagIt and OneNOTE are both more functionally rich than the free version of Gadwin Printscreen, but both are paid applications. Michele asked for something that's free - so that's what I suggested. If you're doing a lot of screen grabs that you need to annotate for publication then SnagIt is a better tool. HTH

I have onenote - works very well... but I wouldn't want to use my license on a class machine (on a course this week, need to save some notes, and its easier to take screen shots than scrible every setting down). So gadwin free is perfect!
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom