wind deflector on SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d8ean

is it a standard option? or was it a cost option??

thanks
Dean

Comes with most SLs. Only ever came across one without..a 2003 SL350 when I was looking for one. It must be rare to find an SL55 without wind deflector. It is removeable though, so like 1st aid boxes, CD changers, 5th alloy wheels on VWs etc, the previous owner may have chosen not to bequeath it on the next owner.

From a September 1996 sales brochure, it looks like what they called a windshield was standard throughout the R129 range, not an option, so I would expect the same in the R230 range. They now seem to call it a windstop, or, rather, its manufacturers do:

Untitled

From a September 1996 sales brochure, it looks like what they called a windshield was standard throughout the R129 range, not an option, so I would expect the same in the R230 range. They now seem to call it a windstop, or, rather, its manufacturers do:

Untitled

can anyone confirm this with a spec sheet / catalogue showing it was a no cost standard item?

I'm sure it was standard. As mentioned, it had been standard on the R129 SL for years.

Didn't stop a main dealer selling me mine without a deflector (or 1st aid kit) though :rolleyes:

SL wind deflector

I have both a current and pre-facelift SL brochure and a current price list. The wind deflector is shown as standard equipment on all models in all three.

If it helps I can scan the page and post the image.

Geoff

I have both a current and pre-facelift SL brochure and a current price list. The wind deflector is shown as standard equipment on all models in all three.

If it helps I can scan the page and post the image.

Geoff

that would be great - thanks

Both our SL's came with wind deflectors, out 2002 SL350 and our 2004 SL500.

I have one for sale if you are interested?

yea i cant pm or email you?
email me with decent pics on [email protected]
think we could do a deal
thanks

The get stolen by the techs on PDI and then Ebayed.

oh and again

brochure scans

As requested.

The scan 'brochure' is from the June 06 SL brochure, and the scan 'price list' from the June 09 SL price list.

Just out of interest, why is whether this thing is standard or not an issue ?

Geoff

Attachments

• brochure.jpg
    brochure.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 16
  • price list.jpg
    price list.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom