Wind Diffuser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bostonmj

Car
SL350 but miss my SL500
Ladies and Gents,

Can anyone recommend a sensibly priced wind diffuser for a 52 plate (hard top) 500SL?

Thanks in advance

Martyn

Plenty on ebay...I have one, and if driving over 50mph it is a must. Makes a huge difference

It's an SL500 (R230), btw :)

"500SL" would be a pre-1994 car!

Bill,
Interesting that you refer to the car as SL500, I recently saw someone being picked up for not calling it a 500SL. Is this some long lasting discussion?

Thanks for clarifying the R230 bit though

Regards

Martyn

reflexboy,

So the prices being asked on ebay are about right then!

Martyn

Bill,
Interesting that you refer to the car as SL500, I recently saw someone being picked up for not calling it a 500SL. Is this some long lasting discussion?

Nope! Up to late 1993 they were named (and badged) with the number first; after that point they had the SL first. So some R129s (my shape) are xxxSL and some are SLxxx! But all R230s are SLxxx :)

PS I bought a wind deflector for my R129 on eBay (the main dealer I bought the car from told me it was an optional extra when I queried why it didn't have one :rolleyes:). It does make quite a difference, but I rarely use it as it stops you putting anything (or anyone :D) in the back. Probably not an issue with the R230?

You're very welcome - I knew virtually nothing about M-Bs before I joined here :)

Hope you're enjoying the car!

BTW I don't know how the deflector stores in the R230, but in the R129 there's a trim panel that covers it when in the boot (which of course was missing from my car). That was a special order from Germany via my local dealer!

The deflector on the R230 comes in a storage bag for when it's not in use. It fixes to the roll bar and hinges up or down (independent of the roll bar) so there's really no point in removing it once fitted.

Regards,

You're very welcome - I knew virtually nothing about M-Bs before I joined here :)

Hope you're enjoying the car!

BTW I don't know how the deflector stores in the R230, but in the R129 there's a trim panel that covers it when in the boot (which of course was missing from my car). That was a special order from Germany via my local dealer!

Bill the 500 looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom