window 7 password

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bouncer

Hi,

No 1 son has changed and forgotten his password to his windows 7 laptop, what can I do?
Is there any way I can set up another account name to get him going again.
Or do i need to format and start again.

sTeVe

Sorry it took so long to come back to this. Now fixed many thanks to Mad4coupes.

sTeVe

Just thinking out loud here....One of the main benefits of a forum is to spread the knowledge.

Resolving the issue by PM so it doesnt help others in future makes the whole thread seem pretty pointless.

I'm glad the issue was sorted but it seems a shame for it to have happened behind closed doors. :eek:

I understand what you are saying. . . . but. . . . I don’t think publicly posting a “how to” remove passwords from computers does anything for anyone’s security.

I had spent a few hours looking around on Google for and answer. . . . . and found many ways of doing it, but with lots of comments of It didn’t work for me or this method doesn’t work and that method damaged my computer setup.

This is something that should NOT be posted on a public forum. I used it for a legit reason and I’m sure if its posted up here then it will be used for less than savoury reasons, I will respect Mad4coupes comments to me that this shouldn’t be on an open forum.

It’s a smallish downloadable(Linux) iso file of around 4meg that you put on CD or USB Stick and boot your computer from there. It will find all the drives and operating systems on your computer giving you all accounts that have ever been on your computer and the option of changing deleting or resetting their passwords. It even found my android phone I was charging in the USB socket.

I was shocked just how simple and quick it was to do.

sTeVe

I understand what you are saying. . . . but. . . . I don’t think publicly posting a “how to” remove passwords from computers does anything for anyone’s security.

I had spent a few hours looking around on Google for and answer. . . . . and found many ways of doing it, but with lots of comments of It didn’t work for me or this method doesn’t work and that method damaged my computer setup.

This is something that should NOT be posted on a public forum. I used it for a legit reason and I’m sure if its posted up here then it will be used for less than savoury reasons, I will respect Mad4coupes comments to me that this shouldn’t be on an open forum.

It’s a smallish downloadable(Linux) iso file of around 4meg that you put on CD or USB Stick and boot your computer from there. It will find all the drives and operating systems on your computer giving you all accounts that have ever been on your computer and the option of changing deleting or resetting their passwords. It even found my android phone I was charging in the USB socket.

I was shocked just how simple and quick it was to do.

sTeVe

just google password recovery boot cd and you will find what you need. No need to hide it. cracking PC's has been around for years and everyone knows about it (apart from merc owners it seems)

I use Hiren's boot CD

Spike,
I gave Bouncer the information that he required to unlock the system. Believe me when I say that this kind of information is not the type of thing that that you want shown on an open forum.
Granted the information is freely available if you know where to look for it, but due to the very nature of being able to unlock any pc or laptop that has been admin locked its not really something that I would have wanted responsibiltyy for posting.
I would rather have one pm saying thanks rather than 10 saying they have just had their laptop hacked into and that I shouldn't have been so carefree as to give the info out publicly.

I will add that it was none of the programs that have been mentioned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom