window close on lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c220cdi2010

Car
c220
Hello,
Wasn't sure how to word for a search or new thread so here goes.

When I lock the car doors Can I make it close open windows?
And the same for unlock open windows?

Did this all ok on the seat and mazda, but not sure if i need something programming of something is broken!

Sorry, should add;
Car is W204 Estate c220cdi bluefficieny amg sportblack thingy!

Thanks.
Neil

Unsure if it is still the same on your car but the following used to apply:

The door locking is by radio frequency, the window open / close is by infra red, look on the drivers door handle for a clear plastic window.

The window opening etc will only work if very close to the car door, it is rather a hit and miss system.

PS:
There used to be a feature known as "tunnel mode" whereby if the windows / sunroof were open pressing and holding the recirculation button would close them all.

Last edited:
On the CLS if I hold the lock button down whilst the fob is next to drivers door handle the windows will all close , opening them all is done in a similar fashion by holding the unlock button.

As mentioned in the previous post if I hole the recirc button on the panel it will close all the windows and sunroof (if it had one) .

Kenny

I just went to try that. In my W204, holding the recirc button does put all windows up. Neat. :D

Just tried the window wotsit....works from at least 20 metres for me...new fob battery mind. :)

Unsure if it is still the same on your car but the following used to apply:

The door locking is by radio frequency, the window open / close is by infra red, look on the drivers door handle for a clear plastic window.

The window opening etc will only work if very close to the car door, it is rather a hit and miss system.

PS:
There used to be a feature known as "tunnel mode" whereby if the windows / sunroof were open pressing and holding the recirculation button would close them all.

And if you press and hold the button when the windows are closed, they will all open to their last open positions.

Just tried the window wotsit....works from at least 20 metres for me...new fob battery mind. :)

Almost certainly a different system to older cars. Yours sounds like it uses Radio frequency for all operations. The Infra red needs to be a few cm to have any chance of working.

it also prevents deep vein thrombosis by getting you out of the office chair :D

Naahh, I wear the special knee-high socks ;)

a little lost and confused

well, if i'm in the car sat in a seat i would use the window button not the recirc button - or do i missunderstand?

My windows do not open or close if i use the key fob open and close buttons - or do i need to do them in a special order or having enabled it some how? is that the recirc button press?

Thanks

It should work as demonstrated in the in video below of a W203, hold the key a short distance from the door handle sensor.

It could be that you have the same fault as the car in the video.

Dec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UOlZtlu7Nw

[YOUTUBE]0UOlZtlu7Nw[/YOUTUBE]

well, if i'm in the car sat in a seat i would use the window button not the recirc button - or do i missunderstand?

My windows do not open or close if i use the key fob open and close buttons - or do i need to do them in a special order or having enabled it some how? is that the recirc button press?

Thanks

You can use your window switches of course, but the thinking behind the link to the recirculation button is because if you're going past something smelly or dusty (sewage plant or roadworks), you might press the recirc as to not bring in outside air, if you hold it, it shuts all your windows for you too.

For the fob, it's got to have the little black smooth circle at the end black plastic part of the fob pointing directly at the little black square on the drivers door, then hold the lock or unlock buttons until the windows start to move.

thanks i-CONICA, will try that as well and see what happens
seems pointless if have to be stood so close to the car!

It's only practical use is when you've exited the car, then realised you've left one or more windows open.

You can close them without having to open the door, put key in (as window switches won't work without key in) and then pull the switches.

It's main raison d'être is so one can ventilate the car immediately on opening, as suggested in the handbook, to assist the aircon in bringing down the interior temps.

One then uses the recirc. button to close all, once more comfortable.

maybe so, but on some non-premium brands you could do as walked up to car so a warm day were open way before got to car and were open when filling boot with kids stuff and putting them in seat
same as when sat outside house on warm day, open them but lock it and disable/tone down motion sensor, but press of button and would shut windows - very useful in my mind

now, open but & full chuck in kids, then open windows!

All,
Works as every one has described.

If I stand next to car and point key at drivers do and long hold open all windows open together, max on quick test was 2 paces away
Does not work if stand anywhere except in front of the drivers door
To close once open press and hold the recirc button

feel a half-****d attempt at the function but does exist

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom