Window Glass is Always Greasy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
Every time I wash the car (Snow Foam, Pressure Washer Blast, Shampoo and Re Blast and Towel Dry) and use Dodo Juice Cleary Menthol on the Windows, I have started to notice a "Greasy Film" on all of the Glass Surfaces!

What am I doing wrong? :dk:

Their products are supposed to be good. Is it old? I did have some old glass cleaner that I wanted to use up and noticed that it was leaving a mess on the glass.

I use a product called "Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner". Works better than anything else I have tried.

Be sure to get the glass cleaner and not the general purpose cleaner.

How are you using the glass cleaner? with a glass specific microfibre? normal microfibre? other?

I'd try some vinegar on a microfibre to see if that leaves the same streaky finish, if not then it would point to your glass cleaner being past its best.
If you still have streaks it would point to the need to deep clean the glass using some like Autoglym Glass Polish or for heavy duty cleaning Capro Ceriglass.

cheers,

Chris

The fishscale type microfiber cloths are worth using for windows too.

Is that stuff not a bit "Over the Top"? :rolleyes:
maybe, but IIRC, I got the idea from a post on the Detaiing World forum a couple of years ago, and I did say occasionally....

And at £1.99 from the local “4 candles” shop.

I’d second the clay mitt on the glass too. Dead easy to do when you wash the car and takes all the crap right off.

Why go back to the Detailer? :dk:

The Greasy Residue, as far as I can tell is self inflicted, it wasn't there post the Detailers Work!

I am doing (or NOT doing) something in my Wash Cycle that id not getting the Glass Work Clean after a Wash:rolleyes::oops::confused:
Good point, but he’s probably the best person to advise, even if, as you’re a customer, it’s only from a PR aspect.

You might be using something that’s not compatible with the coating he applied, which he could identify? Certainly worth asking, I would have thought.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom