window issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bayman57

Car
C Class convertible Premium plus AMG Line Hyacinth red 360 cam ivory/black
when driving and it seems when negotiating a bend all four windows roll down all on their own with no interaction from me !! not good when its raining ...its happened a few times now and im puzzled could it be software issue or ?? 2017 c class cab

Broken /chaffed wire or loose connection

Water sploshing around perhaps triggering the roll up/down feature. Don't know if this car has a separate convenience module controlling the windows or if they are BCM controlled though. Can you configure the feature off until you have found the issue so you don't get wet?

ok thank you will look to see if i can disable feature

Water sploshing around perhaps triggering the roll up/down feature. Don't know if this car has a separate convenience module controlling the windows or if they are BCM controlled though. Can you configure the feature off until you have found the issue so you don't get wet?

Is there any menu to turn off the convenience feature?

On a 2017 car windows are not controlled by a convenience module, neither BCM but door control modules. There is one on each door, makes me think not all can be similarly misbehaving. Since this happens during the ride, nothing comes to my mind that could control all 4 windows other than the convenience function from the HVAC panel. I cannot even remember how it works, never really used but one should be able to open all windows for temporary ventilation and then close all from a button. Difficult to imagine a failure on this control unit causing the issue.

The recirc button on the HVAC controls all 4 windows. In the upward motion usually. Hold it in and all 4 windows will close if open.
thanks , i have done a reset by holding down each window 5 secs then up for 5 secs but no click sound heard so not sure if it worked ( ignition on )

The recirc button on the HVAC controls all 4 windows. In the upward motion usually. Hold it in and all 4 windows will close if open.
Pressed again and they return to the original positions. Great for passing smelly situations!

Does the re circ button bring all the windows up when held in , engine running A/C on ? I know your problem is windows going down but it might be one easy thing to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom