Window regulator - W639 Vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Vito 111C
Just wondered about possible near failure as my window doesn't behave and re-opens halfway into the closing procedure.

Anyone else have this symptom?

Cheers

Mike

What year is yours? I had both the window regulators on our 2007 replaced under warranty (so before 2010), and they've been OK since then. So I assume the replacements were improved parts.

The switch unit in the driver's door does play up occasionally though. For example if the window is halfway down and you press 'up' it might go all the way down instead, or no response to the switch at all. But it's very intermittent and whenever I've asked the dealer to look at it it's behaved perfectly! I *think* it happens more when cold/damp. A friend's 2008 Vito is the same, and I'm pretty sure there was a post on here from someone looking for a replacement switch unit ... so it may be reasonably common.

Had a similar problem with our old 09 reg, sprayed inside rubber seals where the glass runs, with some silicone spray, not got the van now but was no problem for a couple of year's.

Mark

Tried that thanks mark! Helped a bit. Gonna apply more later see if it eradicates it altogether.

Mike

The window anti jam mechanism needs resetting , hold the button down untill it gets to the top and then hold it down for a couple of seconds more , this should sort it out .

Nick

Talk about on-going saga...

The application of silicon spray to the window runners on the door frame kind of helped for a day or two. However, it's now much much worse. The window closes about half way (sometimes less) and all the while it creaks and groans. It seems to get to a point where the tolerance is too tight and the window then automatically retracts. All the way down. I can close the window by using the 'first stage' of the button. If I use the 'auto close' function, it just doesn't want to close.

Is this classic window regulator failure..?? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it...! Don't really want to have to take the door card off but if so, so be it.

Any pointers gratefully appreciated, fellow merc drivers!

Cheers

Mike

Sadly i fear this could be the regulator failing, Easy enough job to do, but can be a bit fiddly on your own. buy a new one from MB as the new ones have uprated motors and are far superior to the originals . You may be able to find an aftermarket one , but you take your chances with the quality . OEM ones are made by Behr .

Nick

I would buy a genuine MB one. The aftermarket ones are cack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom