Window regulator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Obelix

Car
Vito
Hi, the passenger window regulator has packed up on my van. the glass will drop inside the door if the switch is used and will not come back up.
I suspect the mechanism has failed. I rung around to buy a new one but apparently there are two types of mechanism, comfort switch, or non comfort switch.
'comfort switch type seems to be like rocking horse manure, impossible to find. would anybody know if I could fit 'non comfort' mechanism to 'comfort switch?
I'm not fussed about losing the 'comfort' option. I just want the windows to work.
Has anybody been through this problem?
Thanks
ps: I have MB part number for original mechanism but suppliers are not interested in this number.

Hi, the passenger window regulator has packed up on my van. the glass will drop inside the door if the switch is used and will not come back up.
I suspect the mechanism has failed. I rung around to buy a new one but apparently there are two types of mechanism, comfort switch, or non comfort switch.
'comfort switch type seems to be like rocking horse manure, impossible to find. would anybody know if I could fit 'non comfort' mechanism to 'comfort switch?
I'm not fussed about losing the 'comfort' option. I just want the windows to work.
Has anybody been through this problem?
Thanks
ps: I have MB part number for original mechanism but suppliers are not interested in this number.
The rear passenger windows in my 190E packed up years ago just like yours. It would nudge a little and then keeps dying. Turns out to be the thermistor had corroded away because someone didn't put the plastic sheet back properly. MB wanted to replace the whole mechanism for £££, but I managed to find a similar size thermistor from Maplin for circa 70p which did the job nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom