Window rubbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
What do you all use on the external window rubbers? Where I haven't used my car in the last 3 months I've noticed there going green lol.

Not sure about cleaning them up but agitation with an old toothbrush maybe with car shampoo.

Once cleaned I'd think about sealing up. A lot of waxes are friendly on rubber/plastic but check with each wax.

Other products like Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 can go on most surfaces but maybe something like Carpro PERL (plastic, engine, rubber, leather) which you can use on all the surfaces mentioned.

Scrub them with Surfex HD with a detailing brush will sort out the 'green of doom'. Seal them up with swissvax rubber seal.

Cheers Mike

APC (I think Tesco sell a product called Daisy which you can dilute 4:1 for this purpose) and a brush will clean them up.

Pick a good dressing as you don't want it running off onto the paintwork when it rains or be a nightmare to come off the glass if you get some on there.

Chemical Guys VRT is good as is PERL as MDC250 states, Swissvax stuff is good too.

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom