Window shades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my friend has them on his vectra and they do look good, the only thing I don't like is the rear screen comes in two pieces.

I've got a set on my BMW E60. Our company doesn't allow tinted / privacy glass on company cars so this was a good alternative.

It does look good, cuts out the glare and has been great with the recent warm weather we have, really did keep the car a lot cooler when parked up.

A-Avantgarde can you please post a picture of how it looks with them fitted from the outside and from the inside as there arent any good photos about. Thanks.

Im going to get a set of UV shades in the next couple of weeks,another company sells them on ebay cheaper,well they was for my model.

Ebay user id vanstyle-01623-797358

Marty

I'll have a look at these - I've got the Merc ones on the rear (door) windows but could do with something for the rears and tailgate

I just recently fitted the electric roller blind to the rear window of my W126 after I found one on a donor car in a yard . I currently have the pull down type which hook over the top of the side windows of the rear doors ( bit don't cover the quarterlights ) and attach at the bottom with a sucker - these came from Halfords and reduce the glare on Harris' face when in his child seat . I normally just fit them when the rear seat is occupied ( can be done in seconds ) as otherwise you can't lower the windows with them in place .

I like the type pictured on the linked thread , sadly not made for the W126 . Just watching for a donor car with electric side curtains ..........

A-Avantgarde can you please post a picture of how it looks with them fitted from the outside and from the inside as there arent any good photos about. Thanks.

Hope these help, the full side-on picture hasn't worked very well, these were taken on my phone so the quality is a bit variable...

CIMG0221.jpg

CIMG0220.jpg

CIMG0219.jpg

CIMG0218.jpg

Last edited:
Hope these help, the full side-on picture hasn't worked very well, these were taken on my phone so the quality is a bit variable...

How are they held on and do you have to remove them to put the window down ?

Thanks

The rear 3/4 ones are just held in by pressure. Whilst the side ones are just held in by a small clip on each side.

The windows can be wound down normally with them fitted which is what makes them great. However, unlike tints they can be removed in seconds. My 3yr old daughter sometimes doesn't like them if it's not sunny and she want's to take in the scenery!

Hi, do the clips just stick on to the window frame? anyone found a supplier witha one piece rear?

should i just get these instead of the £200 factory option!?

cheers

Last edited:
Hi, do the clips just stick on to the window frame? anyone found a supplier witha one piece rear?

should i just get these instead of the £200 factory option!?

cheers

Yes, they just stick to the window frame.

As for a single piece rear, I've not seen any. They're designed that way for easy handling, storage and distribution.

Decided to go for a set of these. Pictures of them installed attached. Would recommend them. You instantly notice how much cooler the car feels with them installed.

Attachments

• P1010328.jpg
    P1010328.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010330.jpg
    P1010330.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010337.jpg
    P1010337.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I had a bid on them the other day
!BvCLPGQ!mk~$(KGrHqYOKiYEvv+I+Eq8BMC8LiLKtw~~_12.JPG

!BvCLMwg!2k~$(KGrHqMOKicEvLdHmpdrBMC8Lc2MR!~~_12.JPG

I had a maxx bid 150 euro and i`ve lost :wallbash:

Anyone that has the uv car shades and has had a passenger window clip come off have you found a suitable tape that will hold the clip in place? Tried a couple of tapes now and it keeps coming off. Read on another forum of people using contact adhesive which solves the problem but I would like to use a tape if possible.

I have them and I use a double sided adhesive pad I bought in France made by a company called Plastofix.

I don't think you can get them over here, but very strong (holds on my numberplates too) and peels off without a residue when you do want to remove it.

If you know someone over there or who's going on holiday, they're sold in large Carrefours and diy stores.

Don't 3M or Pritt do something similar? Sure I have seen sticky pads in Homebase that are extremely strong but come off with no residue. Must be worth a look

Yep- but don't be fooled by the 'no residue' blahblahblah. Just had a chunk of paintwork come off the front room wall when a picture fell down which was secured with this stuff. No residue, but no paint either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom