Window Shopping - 2005/06 CLK55 AMG (W209) - As rare as rocking horse sh*t?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brickstock

Hi Lads/Ladies,

I'm currently in the process of scouring the internet for 2005/2006 CLK55's just to build up an ideal of what I will be faced with when I'm ready to buy one later this year. I think I'm looking in all the right places i.e. Classified here, AutoTrader, Pistonheads, Exchange & Mart and Merc dealers websites, I just can't seem to find any late examples of the CLK55? Was there a limited production run around 2005/06 or do people just hold on to them?

Also just out of interest, what are the main differences between a 2003/04 model and the later 2005/06 model, I noticed quad exhausts, some interior changes (air con controls redesign?) and front end changes on later examples. Can someone please enlighten me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance..

Brickstock

Seems to have an excessive amount of wear on the drivers side bolster for 17k miles??

Hi Lads/Ladies,

I'm currently in the process of scouring the internet for 2005/2006 CLK55's just to build up an ideal of what I will be faced with when I'm ready to buy one later this year. I think I'm looking in all the right places i.e. Classified here, AutoTrader, Pistonheads, Exchange & Mart and Merc dealers websites, I just can't seem to find any late examples of the CLK55? Was there a limited production run around 2005/06 or do people just hold on to them?

Also just out of interest, what are the main differences between a 2003/04 model and the later 2005/06 model, I noticed quad exhausts, some interior changes (air con controls redesign?) and front end changes on later examples. Can someone please enlighten me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance..

Brickstock

The model year 2005 cars (produced from Oct 2004) onwards have much improved handling/electrics and build quality. They also use the MOST system for communication as opposed to D2B. this means you can have an ipod interface fitted plus phone integration is a lot nicer. Comand too is european wide instead of just UK based unless you change disks.

In my opinion they are much nicer cars to drive.

Seems to have an excessive amount of wear on the drivers side bolster for 17k miles??

For some reason the bolsters wear really quickly on the side. Mines about the the same and my cars 27K.

The model year 2005 cars (produced from Oct 2004) onwards have much improved handling/electrics and build quality. They also use the MOST system for communication as opposed to D2B. this means you can have an ipod interface fitted plus phone integration is a lot nicer. Comand too is european wide instead of just UK based unless you change disks.

In my opinion they are much nicer cars to drive.

Hi Alfie, thanks for clearing that up for me.

the soft nappa leather is prone to wear, i saw alot of cars (E55`s) with worn nappa leathers, all depends on how the previous owners entered the car and wore in the car (denim\belts etc)

That'll be what jeans do to leather seats :crazy::doh:
All you can do is not wear them, or remove the studs from your jeans, where upon you will find after a time you will have no back pockets.:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom