Window switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

20buster10

Car
Glc250
I,like so many Benz owners have suffered the broken window switch.Mine is in the main control of drivers door.
I cannot believe ,firstly MB doesn’t do something about the crap material they are made of ,or at least let you buy just new covers at what would be a fair price for a little item.
But no ,they will only sell you the whole control for $600 Aussie ,in my case.
Conspiracy theory!
If MB sell ,guesstimating, 300,000 full controls at 150 euro ,factory price. .mmmm $45 million.
Nice side line.
Can the Benz owners of the world rise up and revolt against MB and their rubbish window switches.

Can the Benz owners of the world rise up and revolt against MB and their rubbish window switches.
Does that feel better now? 🤔

🤣🤣👍

Try a breakers yard?

Are the switcher such poor quality? My 2008 W211 hasn't suffered from this problem (yet!)

I've been running MBs for around 20 years .... 7 different cars.
Never had any problem wiuth window switches.

Does that feel better now? 🤔

🤣🤣👍

Try a breakers yard?

Are the switcher such poor quality? My 2008 W211 hasn't suffered from this problem (yet!)
Hi,
Ours is 2018 model and if you do a forum search
or you tube search pretty much anywhere ,people are having this issue at least in the last 4 yrs or so.I found THIS forum through a general google search regarding this problem.
A doz peeps ,on this forum ,at least with broken switches and attempted remedies
They dont make ‘em like they used to.Yes I did a search without too much luck of wreckers .
I’m replacing the side plates with a new softer plastic.
Just hope I get everything lined up.
A few I have read all talk about the switch just breaking out and plastic crumbling in their hand.
Same same.
I have one in the master control that I feel is broken arm on one side .It’s just hanging on.

One of the lucky few I guess,
Unfortunately just out of warranty for me.

When I went into dealership to talk about buying just the cover itself,he said you can’t ,you have to buy the complete master control and get it fitted .
I did say if I go down that path I would fit it myself.He was taken aback and said”oh EVERYONE just gets them fitted “,so obviously it’s a recurring issue.
I certainly wouldn’t pay the 600 unless the guarantee they have had plastic issue rectified.
It is interesting though .The model we bought ,
The glc coupe ,introduced to compete with the BMW,was manufactured in a different factory and I can’t remember where right now ,but no doubt different supplier for those parts was used

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom