Window Tint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy-mc

Car
c63 coupe
Hi there

So I've been comparing pics of C63 coupe's to my car and wondered why these other pics looked a little better.

It seems I might just be partial to a little window tint at the sides and rear - and my car doesn't have that. So I am looking into getting an aftermarket tint done.

Now I know nothing about this other than it appears to be a film (wrap) added to the inside of the glass. I've read through a few threads on a US forum and there is mention of the factory tint being 20%.

Am looking for support from a UK perspective if thats valid, accurate and the correct nomenclature?

any thoughts or support is much appreciated...

The OEM front side glass will be tinted to the EU maximum permissible levels. If you want to stay legal - and a depressing number of people seem to be disregarding this apparently-unenforced law these days - don't apply the tint to the front door windows, or, obviously, the windscreen.

Window tints

For Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later
The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

Think you're correct with the 20% thing - I investigated for mine and found that 20% was the closest to the factory tint. Matches the roof if you have a pano too, though doesn't look as good as the factory fit glass.

This is 20% tint on the rear of my CLS :)

Attachments

• image-807058811.jpg
    image-807058811.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image-3125179499.jpg
    image-3125179499.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom